Enough with the "Vista Ready" BS!

randomint

Banned
Sep 16, 2006
rant

"Vista Ready" my a**!

the only comment is pretty funny.

"Of course its a con, but who cares? I haven't paid for any software in 10 years (Thanks Bittorrent)."

*shifts eyes nervously*

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That's a bit silly. Those stickers have been on countless software packages and hardware since Windows 95 came out. I had a "Made for Windows 95" sticker on my first laptop.

EDIT: Spelling.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Originally posted by: randomint
rant

"Vista Ready" my a**!

"Of course its a con, but who cares? I haven't paid for any software in 10 years (Thanks Bittorrent)."

*shifts eyes nervously*

The user that left the comment is Connie Lingus

lobbyone

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2003
rant

"Vista Ready" my a**!

*shifts eyes nervously*

lol

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
My laptop says "Vista capable", which I take to mean that some form of Vista will install without to many problems. Since I know wtf I'm doing I know that I can pretty much only run Home Basic :( Now Vista Ready should mean that they have a dedicated graphics card, and vista premium ready means that they have a DX10 video card.

zeruty

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2000
There were Vista Ready stickers on the packages for my Corsair memory I bought a couple of months ago. I was quite relieved to know that my new memory was compatible with Vista!! :roll:

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
There was one forum were occasionally users would post a thread asking for advice on a Vista-ready computer case. No joke. And they were serious about it, too. I mean, people asking about Vista-ready PSUs and cases? A total joke. It's an operating system, not getting Oblivion and trying to run it at max settings in an overclocked system running SLI!

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
There was one forum were occasionally users would post a thread asking for advice on a Vista-ready computer case. No joke. And they were serious about it, too. I mean, people asking about Vista-ready PSUs and cases? A total joke. It's an operating system, not getting Oblivion and trying to run it at max settings in an overclocked system running SLI!

Oooh sounds entertaining.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Vista = Windows ME?

No, it's not that bad Quasmo.

Since windows ME worked fine for me, I can say without a doubt its MUCH worse, been running Vista since the first few days it came out in the fall (vista business)

Its buggy, trust me

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
The "Vista Ready" designation is actually a typo, but once it left the printing/graphic shop costs to retool it were dubbed too high.

The actual logo was to be "Vista Ready?" as it's a crapshot at best and suicide with a 12 guage pretty close as a runner up.

Dritnul

Jan 9, 2006
I like Tim from CAD medias argument that vista is still working out bugs and that some people need to get it when it launches because if everyone waits bugs will never be found and fixed

Aluvus

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2006
Originally posted by: alkemyst
The "Vista Ready" designation is actually a typo, but once it left the printing/graphic shop costs to retool it were dubbed too high.

The actual logo was to be "Vista Ready?" as it's a crapshot at best and suicide with a 12 guage pretty close as a runner up.

Oh, the printer completely screwed this up.

"Works on commission? No, down payment!"

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Aluvus
Originally posted by: alkemyst

Oh, the printer completely screwed this up.

"Works on commission? No, money down!"

Fixed for you, mr hutz.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
rant

"Vista Ready" my a**!

*shifts eyes nervously*

AAWWWWW! Vista finally doing what 98 was hyped to do. What's next "Win Horisons", "Win Panorama"?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Vista = Windows ME?

I'm still on ME. The lappy I post from came with it. Works fine.

I plan on upgrading to XP when they get the bugs out. :)

Fern