Enjoyable Mark Fiore cartoon -- Is it silly to use oil to fuel vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2004
I enjoyed this recent Mark Fiore political cartoon and thought you guys might enjoy it too. When you step back and think about it, it really does seem a little absurd that we are still using fossil fuels to power our vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DZfdX42CZo

(I would have liked to have embedded this here, but I can't figure out how to do it.)

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
Sure does seem silly to use oil... we should all have Mr. Fusions. It's out there y'know, but Big Oil just keeps it under wraps.

Oct 30, 2004
Heh heh. Yeah, I know. Gasoline still gives us the best short-term Energy-Return-on-Investment (ignoring any future costs of having to deal with pollution and global warming). However, I do think it's time for our society to seriously and heavily research alternative methods of propulsion. Of course, that would also require developing nuclear power to provide the electricity for it.

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
We're getting there though! Cars like the Volt will be a good stepping-stone to reduced oil consumption, with the flexibility to use other power sources easily (drop in a fuel cell in lieu of the gas engine? Drop in a diesel and give it bio-diesel?)

Status
Not open for further replies.