Enermax EG365P-VE 350W PSU $46 shipped

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealLurker

May 3, 2001
I didn't fair so well. I ordered the following that day:

300 Watt Enermax $19 + $6 shipping
330 Watt Enermax $19 + Free shipping
350 Watt Enermax $40 + $6 shipping

Total: $90

They all arrived 3 and 4 days later as expected.

None of them looked used.

The 350 was complete in "bulged" original box. Plugged it in, NOTHING. Took off the cover... Blown 8A/250V fuse (no it didnt blow when I plugged it in). Went around town and found another 8A/250 volt fuse (RadioShack doesn't sell them in the mini size :( ) Plugged it in (outside of computer case---luckily!!) .. So ZERO power drain on it. POOOF!!! Blew the fuse, bright light, AND it pulled so much power off my circuit, that it caused my UPS on the other outlet in the room to let out a beep of power drain!. (No, the PS wasn't plugged thru the UPS, it was on another outlet on the same circuit). VERY disappointing and upset! Glad it wasn't plugged into the computer when it did that.

The 330 was bare with a post-it note on it and a sticky label with handwriting. No box. Plugged it in directly (not attached to computer). No bad things, and there was +5 volts on the standby line. Plugged it into my system. (Mind you it's an ECS K7s5A with Athlon1700+ that HAD been running on a 250 watt power supply, at full load for 2 weeks without problem, but I wanted extra "headroom"). Turned on the system, booted, got into windows. Started surfing the net... Pow.. instant power off, then it would turn back on then a second later turn back off, then a second later back on... kept doing this until I unplugged. (Again, I did NOT have it attached to a UPS yet). Let it sit, booted into bios, went into hardware monitor, less than 20 seconds later.. started power cycling and clicking. Took it to a Duron 850 machine. Powered up, ran windows fine for about 1 hour. Decided to launch 3DMark2001. Less than 10 seconds into it... POW. it shut down and tried to restart and then blew the fuse. EVEN MORE disappointed and upset!

The 300.. Again, bare and with post it note and sticky label with handwriting, no box. Put it in, and it's worked 100% perfectly fine ever since... Happy with that one. +12 is reading +12.27 but +5 is ONLY reading +4.87... is that normal? (My old 250 watt supply had 11.91 and 4.75 for those two rails on the same system).

So, anyway, back to the story... I needed a refund on the 2 dead ones.. 15% "restocking fee" since they don't have any more refurbs to exchange with, PLUS $10 return shipping via UPS ground (in the same box).

So, after spending $90, It's "cost" me $25 ($6 original shipping on defective, $9 "restock fee" and $10 return shipping) to try out and return 2 supplies they clearly didn't test, and the $19+$6 shipping one I'm keeping means it "cost" me $50.....

Not very happy!
:(

laugh

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
i warned many times to buy refurb from newegg. long time ago their refurb was good quality, but no more.

you take your risk to find deal there.

and is refurb really good price????? no more! it's only like 20% off, and it's returned/damaged crap with missing parts/DOA/etc.

ajf3

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
Sorry about the bum deal guys... I think I'm going to send mine back too... I've had it running 24/7 since I got it, but twice in the past week it decided to cycle the power for no good reason!

Do they really charge a 15% fee on returned DEFECTIVE merchandise? I can see the fee if you bought the wrong thing, or just didn't want to keep it, but if they sent you a BAD product they expect you to eat 15% + shipping both ways?!?

I gotta email them.

todays

May 11, 2000
I sent mine back for RMA repair - They sent me an e-mail back that said they were crediting me my entire charge on my CC back. They had no more in stock and couldn't replace it. I still had to pay for the shipping back though $6 USPS - I bought a new one from Deals Direct and it is working fine so far.

wesbc

Jul 2, 2001
I believe 15% restocking fee are only if you are returning a non-defective item. I would suggest you email/call them regarding this and they will surely correct it. They have serve me well so far. Only thing you have to pay is shipping the item back to them.

DealLurker

May 3, 2001
Unfortunately, PER thier policy page they referred me to when questioning:
http://www.newegg.com/app/warranty.asp

It says this:
Restocking Fee
A 15% restocking fee will be applied to all returns for refund. Shipping charges are non-refundable. No refund after 30 days.

Product Return Procedure:
Customer is solely responsible for shipping any returned product to NewEgg.com. Customer agrees to use only reputable carriers capable of providing proof of delivery and insurance for the entire value of the shipment. Customer agrees to bear all shipping charges and all risk of loss for the return product during shipment.

NewEgg.com will not refund to Customer the original shipping charges. In addition, NewEgg.com will assess a 15% restocking fee against the Customer's account on all returns for refund.

So they're saying "you're OUT the original shipping" plus "you're out return shipping" plus "you're out 15% restock fee". No exclusion is stated for "defective" returns whatsoever.

:(

Lets just say I will NEVER buy refurb from them again, and I'll be cautious about "new" (i've only done 5 orders--3 refurbed power supplies and 2 mobo/vid/cpu "new" orders the month before. I see they are NO better than the shipping gouging "pricewatch" dealers on memory. Their memory is lower than Crucial (for same parts), but they add $6 in FedEx shipping PER stick. Unlike some of their other components where shipping does get combined, If you add 3 to your cart, they ACTUALLY CHARGE YOU $18!!!!! What BS! Needless to say, Crucial got my business even though they were net a few dollars higher.

MysticMan1

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2000
If you live in the L.A. area you can get the Enermax EG365P-VE 350W Dual Fan Power Supply at CtgDirect.com LINK for $47.50 or the Enermax EG365P-VE(FMA) Dual Fan 350W power supply for $65.50 and save on the $11.50 S&H cost by picking it up at their store on the corner Wilshire & Highland in L.A.

drewdogg808

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
i picked up an Enermax 350W ATX 2.03 PS Dual Fans WHISPER QUIET EG365P-VE FC from mpcparts last week for $50 plus shipping. shipping isn't too bad if you order anything else.
MPCparts.com