Question Enermax ATX 3.0 power supplies?

boed

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone seen any rumors on Seasonic ATX 3.0 power supplies? I've had good luck with durability and noise levels on my enermax in the past so I'd prefer to get one over Seasonic or MSI.

The seasonics I've worked on recently seemed louder than my power supply. That doesn't mean I'm not open to other brands which are durable and VERY quiet if you have a suggestion.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I use EVGA in my builds. I've never experienced a loud PSU though. I suppose if you're under providing and hitting 90% loads that could be an issue with the fan running all of the time.

Harry_Wild

Dec 14, 2012
All power supply manufacturers and rebranding companies offer different price and performance models. If you buy a gold plus and above, you should be okay! Titanium is now top of the line! Diamond will be the future top of the line in near future!

Last edited:

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Anyone seen any rumors on Seasonic ATX 3.0 power supplies? I've had good luck with durability and noise levels on my enermax in the past so I'd prefer to get one over Seasonic or MSI.

The seasonics I've worked on recently seemed louder than my power supply. That doesn't mean I'm not open to other brands which are durable and VERY quiet if you have a suggestion.
Seasonic's ATX 3.0 is the Vertex, and it's not due until December. I wanted a ATX 3.0 PSU, but a December due date seems the norm. I will have most of my parts Monday, so I'm not waiting. Amazon has a due date of November 22 for my 4090. I have a return date of January for the PSU I ordered. Hopefully someone will have a ATX 3.0 PSU before then.

Reactions: boed
Jul 27, 2020
Any idea who makes their PSU?
MSI MPG A1000G Power Supply Review | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

The OEM remains the same as the other MPG members, Channel Well Technology (CWT), one of the best and largest PSU manufacturers, with its headquarters in Taiwan and manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam.

The overall performance of the A1000G is high enough, and its build quality is top-notch, something that is shown by its ten-year warranty, too. With a few fixes here and there, it could earn a place in our best PSUs article.

Cons
  • -Not competitive overall performance
  • -Low efficiency under light and super light loads
  • -Efficiency could be higher at 5VSB
  • -Not so quiet operation
  • -Not tight load regulation at 5V and 3.3V
  • -High inrush current with 230V input
  • -Hold-up time needs to be a bit longer
  • -Accurate but lower than 16ms power ok signal
  • -There is room for improvement in transient response at 12V

The cons make me not want to consider it.

Reactions: boed and Muadib

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Thermaltake GF3 series also has ATX 3.0 PSU's available. My microcenter had a bunch of 1200w models available on launch day of the 4090 cards. Have not seen any since.

I ordered a 1000w gf3 but will be returning it to Newegg since the 12vhpwr cable is related at 450w not 600w for that particular model.