Enable or Disable Third Party Browser Extensions? "Windows 7"

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
Under ‘Internet Options’ listed as ‘Internet Properties’; then “Advanced”, then “Browsing”, should I enable OR disable “Third Party Browser Extensions”?

1.) Using Chrome, should I 'Enable' OR 'Disable' third party browser extensions?

A.) Under ‘Internet Options’ listed as ‘Internet Properties’; then “Advanced”, then “Browsing”, should I enable OR disable “Third Party Browser Extensions”?

Please provide 'pros' and 'cons' if any. All replies welcome.
Photo Below:
Internet_properties.png

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

You possibly could be correct. Under ‘Internet Properties’ “General” in Chrome, the homepage is HTTP://yahoo.com. When changing the homepage to Http://Google.com in “General”, the yahoo.com page changes to Google.com. Could you provide any insight here?

The homepage settings are definitely per-browser (ie. changing IE's home page will not affect Chrome). The only ones I'm aware of that are shared are the connection/proxy settings.

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
The homepage settings are definitely per-browser (ie. changing IE's home page will not affect Chrome). The only ones I'm aware of that are shared are the connection/proxy settings.

* I did not try, or bother to change the Homepage settings in Int. Exp.; rather 'changing' the homepage settings in Chrome. As mentioned earlier, when I change the homepage settings in Chrome which state, "Http//: Yahoo.com to Http//:Google.com; 'Then when I open Int. Exp., it 'opens' as a Google browser, not Yahoo or MyYahoo'. Could you expand your reply?

The proxy settings are really irrelevant to my question as there is no basis to support the aforesaid question posed.

* As noted in the last paragraph (Bottom), I did change Homepage settings in Int. Exp. to Google.com and the same situation occurred.

Last edited:

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com

Here is an example of what information is showing:

Yahoo_1.png

A.) In Int. Exp., MyYahoo.com is in homepage settings as you can see Yahoo.

INT_EXP.png

B.) In Chrome, the above image is present: 'Stating MyYahoo.com in homepage settings. When I change the homepage to Google.com, then go to Int Exp. the page changes to Chrome: 'Below Photo'.

Google.png

*Actually, when I change the 'Homepage' settings in Int. Exp. to 'Google.com the home changes from Yahoo to Chrome. Any explanation to this?

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I'm really confused, sorry.

B.) In Chrome, the above image is present: 'Stating MyYahoo.com in homepage settings. When I change the homepage to Google.com, then go to Int Exp. the page changes to Chrome: 'Below Photo'.

Your 'below photo' is a picture of IE showing the Google website, I'm confused by you saying 'Chrome'.

Here is a screenshot of what the Google Chrome web browser looks like (approximately):
google-chrome-screenshot-02.png

Can you please confirm that you're sometimes talking about the Google Chrome web browser? Internet Explorer has three buttons near/below the big red X in the top-right corner: Home (icon of a house), Favorites (the star), and Settings (the cog). Furthermore, under 'Settings' in IE, there's an option you can click on labelled 'About Internet Explorer'. If you're just talking about IE, then please say so and then please not mention 'Chrome' any more?

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
I'm speaking of the "Internet Options" specifically in "Network and Internet" under the 'Control Panel', "Not" the buttons which bring one to advanced settings to "block third party cookies". "CHROME"

1.) Control Panel, Network and Internet, Internet Options, Internet Properties 'then' "Advanced". This is what I'm speaking of, nothing more.

2.) Same Internet Properties in both browsers, "Chrome" and "Internet Explorer". If I'm not addressing the issue correctly, please elaborate.

3.) I'm well aware of how the Chrome browser displays. I posted a picture. What is the idea of overlaying Wikipedia in Chrome?

4.) Internet Explorer, "Internet Options", located in the cog in top right hand corner. What does "About Int. Exp." have to do with anything, it is merely a state which displays the Internet Explorer version?

* I believe that you are grasping at straws, trying to inject immaterial.

Last edited:

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
I'm really confused, sorry.

Your 'below photo' is a picture of IE showing the Google website, I'm confused by you saying 'Chrome'.

Here is a screenshot of what the Google Chrome web browser looks like (approximately):
google-chrome-screenshot-02.png

Can you please confirm that you're sometimes talking about the Google Chrome web browser? Internet Explorer has three buttons near/below the big red X in the top-right corner: Home (icon of a house), Favorites (the star), and Settings (the cog). Furthermore, under 'Settings' in IE, there's an option you can click on labelled 'About Internet Explorer'. If you're just talking about IE, then please say so and then please not mention 'Chrome' any more?

You State, "Your 'below photo' is a picture of IE showing the Google website, I'm confused by you saying 'Chrome'.
*Yes, "After" the 'Homepage Setting' was changed to Google.com