Emergency glasses?

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
So in the past 48 hours I lost a contact and then my glasses. My prescription is expired so I can't get a new pair of prescription glasses, and I can't make it to my eye doctor for at least another week for a new exam. Is there anywhere that would sell cheap, non-prescription glasses in the -5.25 range that I could use till then? Wearing one contact is really irratating.

Thanks.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
As far as I know, don't they only sell prescription glasses? My eye doctor won't even give me my prescription since its expired.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Deeko
As far as I know, don't they only sell prescription glasses? My eye doctor won't even give me my prescription since its expired.

Contact prescriptions last 1 year and glasses for 2 years.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
My last exam was September of 2003.

out.....better pony up$$ :p

seriosuly though, get off of market street and I am sure you can find some shaddy salesmen on southstreet

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Just get a new exam at one of the 1 hour places - you're due for one anyway.

I always keep my old glasses around for stuff like this. I always have a pair in the car and another at home + my prescription safety glasses. I keep a pair in my travel bag as well. Hell, I probably have my old BCGs from my Air Force days around somewhere.

PAB

Banned
Dec 4, 2002
You can get glasses at lenscrafters or any other place in an hour - they can pull the scrips that are existing or use the oldest. Where I live, the scrips don't "expire"

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
When I lost my glasses and my contact prescription was out of date I just went to Walmart to get my eyes checked out at the eye center there, then wore the tester contact lenses until my new glasses came in.