Embedded media a bit much?

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I think the USA has made a huge mistake allowing minute by minute coverage of the war.

I've haven't seen so much second-guessing of the military since Afghanistan which, despite the media's greatest hope for US embarrasment, was handled quite proficiently by US armed forces.

Where do journalists get off being armchair quarterbacks?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Its gotten out of hand for sure. I don't know if the military is letting the media do this to allow information to flow more freely or if it is the news companies that just have to be in there for whatever reason. I just hope they do not expect the troops to babysit them.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
The second-guessing and arm-chair analysis is a bit much, I agree. But, the value of having these journalists out in the field and disproving the stereotypes in the international community of the US military is very valuable.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Queasy
The second-guessing and arm-chair analysis is a bit much, I agree. But, the value of having these journalists out in the field and disproving the stereotypes in the international community of the US military is very valuable.

sick of the term emb#@$!%ded as well, but love the live access...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Was listening to NPR, I believe it was, last night and a soldier was interviewed and he was complaining about, paraphrasing:

"Too many cameras. Our jobs would have been much easier and we'd be making more progress if we didn't have to be careful for the cameras."