email notification when pm received

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiophan

May 2, 2001
i can't seen to find the very common forum feature 'send email notification upon receipt of private message'. is this feature omitted on fusetalk/anandtech?

audiophan

May 2, 2001
i notice avsforum in your signature. the following is the wording to the specific option i am interested in from that forum:

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
[checkbox] Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Nah, I (and others) asked for this eons ago, but I can't find the old thread via search.

In short it's a Fusetalk thing, so contact them if you would like to see it added: http://www.fusetalk.com/support/

KT

daweeze02

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2003
Yes receiving an email when I get pmed is a fairly common feature among every forum in the internet world, i have no clue why it isnt an option here. sorry if I seem a bit annoyed well i guess because it has always puzzled me and has annoyed me lol

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
still not resolved?
i dont check in as much these days so it'd be really useful to get an email notification whenever i get a pm

thx

Alex

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
This option may be available when we switch to vB.

The lack of support from FT and the constant breaking of features whenever they upgrade is a reason for the switch.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
This option may be available when we switch to vB.

The lack of support from FT and the constant breaking of features whenever they upgrade is a reason for the switch.

DOWNGRADE To the former system from 18 months ago that worked???

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
DOWNGRADE To the former system from 18 months ago that worked???

There never was an option for emails from PM, so not sure what your referring to.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Hevnbnd
Any resolution plans.....

sure...lets pay for, create, and roll out code a meer weeks before new software running the entire system is rolled out. :roll: sounds like the perfect plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.