Status
Not open for further replies.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
esquared and I are pleased to announce that, on behalf of the entire mod corps, we are conferring the title of Elite on P&N's own werepossum, now that that nasty business involving that bag of cocaine that was in no way his and must have been put in his car by someone else has ended in a hung jury. :D

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Congrats possum! See, I told you hanging on to that blackmail material on the mods was going to be helpful some day! ;)

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I thought you had to be a liberal to get elite status around here. I guess all my posts posing as a liberal all these years have been for naught. #MAGA

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Can I be Forum Education Secretary in exchange for a big bag of cocaine? It'll be yuge. The biggest.

My credentials are: I have used a forum before. A far more upmarket one than this, obviously.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
:beercheers: Congrats!

I have it on good authority that the Elite bathroom is in the basement. Ask Olds he'll show you.

Reactions: Thebobo

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This is disgraceful. This is a poster who less than two weeks ago hoped in earnest that armed Milo supporters would come out in force to mete out revenge to anyone that was provoked by his inflammatory message or outing of trans students.

This is a poster that calls Elizabeth Warren "Fauxcahontas" despite presenting no evidence that her claims of NA heritage were fabricated.

This is poster that routinely veers into Islamophobia and didn't think Trump's Muslim ban was a Muslim ban.

The Saudis are probably our safest Islamic ally, mainly because they have a very large, very wealthy, and generally speaking very un-Islamic royal family. They depend on our weapons to keep them safe from their Islamic citizens AND on our military strength to keep them safe from their Islamic neighbors.

I don't care too much about titles, but it's hard not to see this as a false balance award to a less crazy seeming but still hard right poster. I don't think this will age well. I have no problem staying in my lane and discussing things with the members here that I think are worth exchanging ideas with, but as long as we're going to have a sticky thread celebrating someone's contributions to these boards, these are my thoughts.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
This is disgraceful. This is a poster who less than two weeks ago hoped in earnest that armed Milo supporters would come out in force to mete out revenge to anyone that was provoked by his inflammatory message or outing of trans students.

This is a poster that calls Elizabeth Warren "Fauxcahontas" despite presenting no evidence that her claims of NA heritage were fabricated.

This is poster that routinely veers into Islamophobia and didn't think Trump's Muslim ban was a Muslim ban.

I don't care too much about titles, but it's hard not to see this as a false balance award to a less crazy seeming but still hard right poster. I don't think this will age well. I have no problem staying in my lane and discussing things with the members here that I think are worth exchanging ideas with, but as long as we're going to have a sticky thread celebrating someone's contributions to these boards, these are my thoughts.
Some of that comes off as you hating anyone that disagrees with you politically.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Some of that comes off as you hating anyone that disagrees with you politically.

The guy said he would kill Americans that tried to overturn the election results if an investigation showed fraud (he of course tried to walk it back after being called out on it).

Reactions: UberNeuman

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What does Elite mean?
It's an anachronistic term for 1337.

leetcap.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Yep, pretty much. Someone needs to call the whambulance for him.

OK, Folks, enough of the side talk. Next poster gets dinged.

And please remember that, strictly speaking, there is only ONE legitimate venue for discussing moderator actions, and that is Moderator Discussions. Any further discussion of the merits of this decision here may well be sanctioned.

Perknose
Forum Director

What does Elite mean?

In the old days, pre-P&N, hell, pre-OT, going back to the start when there was only General Hardware, the honorary title of Elite was bestowed on those posters who most contributed positively to the forum(s) by helping other posters and answering their questions . . . Anandtech being a tech site and all. ;)

As the pace of nominations has slowed to an intermittent crawl, it's definition has also broadened and loosened, as it would have to in order to encompass P&N. Don't expect more P&N primary posters to become elite any time soon, btw. It is not in the nature of this forum.

Perknose
Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.