Elite Members.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Some people here have more of a relationship with her than just Off Topic. Some e-mail her on a semi-regular basis, & consider her to be a friend. The majority of the people here don't get to see what we see, or know what we know.

And yes, Dennil's right. He's entitled to whatever opinion he pleases. Shadow, you have an e-mail from me...

Viper GTS

shadow

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
sorry, an on topic post now:

i don't see titles as having any importance whatsoever as far as determining a particular status per reply (the entire junior member / member / senior member schema). i am more inclined to endorse a schema like that of the elite member, one where status is not determined by # of posts. so in a sense it's one step up. the next step up from that is the "den mother" type deal where members are given indivualistic and non stratification inducing titles. the latter would not lend itself to the creation of rank or heirchical stati, and would work conversely, keeping everyone on an even playing field. aside from that i think everyone here being able to flesh out their personalities in an otherwise stale environment would prove itself rewarding.

as far as you put it, i don't think there should be any "status", just something perhaps you acquire after time here at anandtech, like a nick given to you by others, like den mother.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
Red, and I thought I was more than just a passing phase.:)

We are all icons with stupid ideas.

shadow

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
kabelogo - calm down, i'm not getting personal here, i am posting my opinion, nothing more, nothing less

shadow

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
red dawn, been here for about 2 yrs i reckon, i'm just not that present on forums, dats all... here once and a while when stuff in rl slacks off, just here for some good conversing, i do care about this forum however, whether you're willing to give anyone the light of day or not on that subject is yet to be seen. hopefully you will.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It isn't just how you react to the meaning of words that at issue here for me. I have puzzled and puzzled over these elite threads, because with my dyslexia I could never figure out why the people with enlight cases were being singled out.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pssst, Mike, where is that signature of yours supposed to lead? Is that a proposition? :Q

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
<-- scratched his head, wonders what all the fuss is about....

You mean people actually look at what member status someone has? hmm..I was always too busy to read the actual words they wrote and judged them on that to notice.....silly me :p

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mike, did you get the 633s from Allstarshop? I got my 600s from there, but they were pretty bad.
Argh, salty shorts! Aack! If you were a voluptous blonde babe, instead of a hairy heathen, I may be interested. :p