Elisha Cuthbert

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli

Elisha is NOT pronounced E-lee-sha or eh-lee-sha or ey-lee-sha. Just as you say.. they're free to spell and pronounce their names anyway they want, but it doesen't make them right.

This is the last time I am going to link to the fscking dictionary for christ's sake.

DICTIONARY

OK.. now, do you notice the "i' with the little line above it? If you look in the Pronunciation Key, you will see that stands for "i" as in "pit".

Say it with me now.. First syllable:

Ih

Very good. Now on to the 2nd syllable. You can see the "l". Next to the "l", is an "i" with a flat line above it. That stands for "i" as in "pie", and "by".

Now say the 2nd syllable with me:

Lie

Very good. Now let's put them together.

Ih-Lie

See how easy that is? Now let's move on to the 3rd syllable.

Next to the "sh", you will notice an upside down and backwards "e". Again, consulting the Pronunciation Key, we will see that the upside down and backwards "e" stands for "e" as in "about", "item", "edible", "gallop", and "circus".

Say it with me now..

Sha

Now, lets put them all together.

Ih-Lie-Sha. Say it again now. Ih-Lie-Sha.

Congratulations! You have just pronounced "Elisha" the correct way.

Christ. If this was any other word, it would've ended the FIRST time I linked to dictionary.com. :p

You forgetteth where thou doth post

:)

Yuck Bauer-spawn! Yes she is hot but she's Kim and Kim is a retard! Cannot-dis-associate. Sorry.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: dwell
Yuck Bauer-spawn! Yes she is hot but she's Kim and Kim is a retard! Cannot-dis-associate. Sorry.

Um...Elisha is hot?

Must not let this thread die!

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
wait, she was in old school? i think i need to rent that movie again because i dont remember her. what hot mom?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Cooljt1
wait, she was in old school? i think i need to rent that movie again because i dont remember her. what hot mom?
she was the girl that Luke Wilson hooked up with at his party. His boss's daughter, she was the teenage girl.

edit: and yes, she is all kinds of fine.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
she was the girl that Luke Wilson hooked up with at his party. His boss's daughter, she was the teenage girl.

Oh ok...well that's funny

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: anxi80

Yep..remember the famous ass shot? They woke up and the morning sun hit her fine ass.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Wow... this is the first time in a looooong time I was actually attracted to a picture of a girl on the computer... everything is so bland now...

This has been a breath of fresh ass... er a breast of fresh air.... lol (-will smith)

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: SSP
Originally posted by: Caanon
WTF?

She has a guy name.

Elisha, not Elijah

My name is Elisha.

It is a guy name.

It is not pronounced Alicia.

She may pronounce it that way.. but it is incorrect. :p

No it just means you have a girls name....... buahaha! ;):p

Yeah I second that, it is a girls name girly man.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: xcript
Mmm. Pics!

Damn, Excelsior beat me. And his site is better. :(
Hey thanks! I've had two of those pix on my PC forever, and I never knew who she was.

Not that I'm complaining, but how is this thread not locked yet?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RyanSengara
Originally posted by: SSP
Originally posted by: Caanon
WTF?

She has a guy name.

Elisha, not Elijah

My name is Elisha.

It is a guy name.

It is not pronounced Alicia.

She may pronounce it that way.. but it is incorrect. :p

No it just means you have a girls name....... buahaha! ;):p

Yeah I second that, it is a girls name girly man.
Sorry, but you are incorrect.