Elisha Cuthbert

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Got all those pics already :)

I figured YOU did but you weren't the one asking for more pics.

LOL yeah i know.... its rare to come across a pic of hers i havent seen..... anyone up to the challenge? ;)

Hell no...that and I am too busy with the pics..um...yeah.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
OMG, She was the girl on Old School! She was freagggin hot!! I didn't realize who she was...

I'd definatly hit it!

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: waylman
well, where u lose me is when u say "I bet it's not pronounced Alicia" when we all know that IS how she pronounces her name!

Alicia is pronounced 2 ways: ah-lee-Cee-ah, or ah-lee-sha.

Elisha is pronounced: E-lee-sha, or eh-lee-sha, and maybe (think "hey" without the "h") ey-lee-sha.

So, only the way you pronounce the E is different, and it can sound similar to one of the pronounciations of Alicia, but if both names are spoken correctly, you should hear a difference.
There's no way you can get ah-lee-Cee-ah out of Elisha, unless you are simply pronouncing the word wrong.

I see people spelling names wrong all the time....they're free to spell their names however they want, but it doesn't make them right. There are correct ways to spell, and incorrect ways. English spelling is not open to interpretation.

Oh, and that chick is HOT.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
well, where u lose me is when u say "I bet it's not pronounced Alicia" when we all know that IS how she pronounces her name!

Elisha is pronounced: E-lee-sha, or eh-lee-sha, and maybe (think "hey" without the "h") ey-lee-sha.

So, only the way you pronounce the E is different, and it can sound similar to one of the pronounciations of Alicia, but if both names are spoken correctly, you should hear a difference.
There's no way you can get ah-lee-Cee-ah out of Elisha, unless you are simply pronouncing the word wrong.

I see people spelling names wrong all the time....they're free to spell their names however they want, but it doesn't make them right. There are correct ways to spell, and incorrect ways. English spelling is not open to interpretation.

Yeah, the way you pronounce her name is irrelevant to her fine body. Why would you yell out anything but "god" during the hot love anyway?

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Calgary girls OWN :D

Elisha is definatly a chics name. Sorry Eli, but your a nancy boy for sure! :p

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: DaZ
Calgary girls OWN :D

Elisha is definatly a chics name. Sorry Eli, but your a nancy boy for sure! :p

DaZ - Apparently so! I never thought girls from up Calgary would look good..but...daaaaamn!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb

Elisha is NOT pronounced E-lee-sha or eh-lee-sha or ey-lee-sha. Just as you say.. they're free to spell and pronounce their names anyway they want, but it doesen't make them right.

This is the last time I am going to link to the fscking dictionary for christ's sake.

DICTIONARY

OK.. now, do you notice the "i' with the little line above it? If you look in the Pronunciation Key, you will see that stands for "i" as in "pit".

Say it with me now.. First syllable:

Ih

Very good. Now on to the 2nd syllable. You can see the "l". Next to the "l", is an "i" with a flat line above it. That stands for "i" as in "pie", and "by".

Now say the 2nd syllable with me:

Lie

Very good. Now let's put them together.

Ih-Lie

See how easy that is? Now let's move on to the 3rd syllable.

Next to the "sh", you will notice an upside down and backwards "e". Again, consulting the Pronunciation Key, we will see that the upside down and backwards "e" stands for "e" as in "about", "item", "edible", "gallop", and "circus".

Say it with me now..

Sha

Now, lets put them all together.

Ih-Lie-Sha. Say it again now. Ih-Lie-Sha.

Congratulations! You have just pronounced "Elisha" the correct way.

Christ. If this was any other word, it would've ended the FIRST time I linked to dictionary.com. :p