electron to photon question :

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2008
It seems i have the flu and i had imagined this while being infected this morning :

Imagine this, an electron is accelerated, it causes a compression wave in the electric and the magnetic field in the direction it is moving. When the electron is slowed down, the compression wave is converted into a ripple that radiate outwards in the electric field and in the magnetic field in all directions. When this ripple is reinforcing becoming a soliton, it behaves as a "solid" particle. A photon. When it is not re-inforcing or looses this ability because of a disturbance, it becomes a wave that fades out as general EM waves phenomenon.

I have not yet figured out what causes the self re-inforcement. That has something to do with the gravity field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soliton

In mathematics and physics, a soliton is a self-reinforcing solitary wave (a wave packet or pulse) that maintains its shape while it travels at constant speed. Solitons are caused by a cancellation of nonlinear and dispersive effects in the medium. (The term "dispersive effects" refers to a property of certain systems where the speed of the waves varies according to frequency.) Solitons arise as the solutions of a widespread class of weakly nonlinear dispersive partial differential equations describing physical systems. The soliton phenomenon was first described by John Scott Russell (1808–1882) who observed a solitary wave in the Union Canal in Scotland. He reproduced the phenomenon in a wave tank and named it the "Wave of Translation".

I forgot the question. o_O
I will try to remember it later.

Last edited:

jamesmcuk

Jan 4, 2011
When the electron is slowed down, the compression wave is converted into a ripple that radiate outwards in the electric field and in the magnetic field in all directions.

Surely not a compression wave behind it? Anyway this is well above my level of science but would be interested to read up if anyone has any thoughts!

J

May 11, 2008
Surely not a compression wave behind it? Anyway this is well above my level of science but would be interested to read up if anyone has any thoughts!

J

I have planned doing some research about Charles Augustin de Coulomb. Also about his research. I want to put some things on paper with the math with it combined with modern day knowledge. I am always curious about how these wonderful people of science came to their wonderful conclusions. It is fun.

jamesmcuk

Jan 4, 2011
it is and I am defo interested so please post back anything you find - i am subscribed to this thread and would love to read it.

May 11, 2008
it is and I am defo interested so please post back anything you find - i am subscribed to this thread and would love to read it.

When i have something i will post it. Unless the unlikely situation occurs that i find something radical. Then i have to patent it first before i give it away for almost nothing, just to make sure it is beneficiary for everyone. :sneaky:

But i will probably just shout : "eureka" and then burn everything if i find something. :cool:

No thank you.

Turtle.Man

Mar 20, 2010
Hi William:

Your hypothesis is interesting with respect to free electrons, but I'm not sure it can explain photon emission/absorption within the atom. Electrons are not known to accelerate when changing energy levels.

Quite a thought- provoking topic, and good luck with your research.

May 11, 2008

I am just kidding. But i really cannot help with the software. I have already a project i am working on. I want to continue and finish it. Then i can play with the big arm chips. I have plans for my own upcoming android phone that i want to buy. Maybe an application will arise. I need to think about it.

Hi William:

Your hypothesis is interesting with respect to free electrons, but I'm not sure it can explain photon emission/absorption within the atom. Electrons are not known to accelerate when changing energy levels.

Quite a thought- provoking topic, and good luck with your research.

It is just an idea. And it is just a hobby too. There is no pressure or deadline for me. I just find it interesting. Yes, the atom. It will not be easy. But one thing is interesting, How much of the atom is based on theories and pictures about phenomena observed in space ? That will be important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.