Electric Viper Killer

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Pic
TechTV Link
More Pics
Looks like the future is coming... a lot sooner than people thought. ;)

I hope this isn't a repost... did a search for viper and tango and came up empty. If it is, oh well. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hadn't seen it yet. :p

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I guess if you were into street racing it would be funny to pull up next to folks and... well who would take you seriously? LOOK at the wheels?

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
lol...if it has so much power they could at least make it look like something that isn't made by Fisher Price.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
BTW you gotta remember... this project seems to be in it's early stages... this was just an attempt to make it functional. Looks will come next.
I dunno though... I'd probably buy one of these for the $80K price tag (if I had that much $$ laying around) just to see the reaction of people when I do a burn out in my pow pow power wheels car. ;)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: glen
I guess if you were into street racing it would be funny to pull up next to folks and... well who would take you seriously? LOOK at the wheels?

Can you imagine putting a beefed-up version of the Tango's engine into an old Yugo chassis (covered with NOS stickers, of course) and then doing some street racing in it? How hilarious would that be?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
those wheels are the brand that Kmarts sells :D Some of the most popular in SE michigan;)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
or having your son mix up his fisher price tonka car with your $80k viper eater.

-=bmacd=-

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
theres a few guys that make electric dragsters... they can beat almost anything off the line... the problem is when the motor tops out... you can't shift because the motor would crush the gears...

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Wait, I don't get it, how can this car have 1'000pound torque at 0rpm???? Don't you need like REALLY good tires?

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Hmm.. you think you could fit a generator in the backseat so you could have that running and charging the batteries while you drive? ;)
I'd probably be a little tempted to floor it every now and then on the way to work... so I'd like to be sure I could make it all the way. :)

Ricer: "WTF is that thing?"
It's my new Tango.
Ricer: "Riiight... wanna race?"
You don't wanna race me... I'd make you look like a fool.
Ricer: "But I got Nawwwwwsss!"
Pfft... I've got Waaaaaatttsss.
:D

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
It can have so much torque because the all the power if available all the time. At 1 RPM vs. 10,000 RPM's it can produce the same amount of power. In a car, at 500 RPMs the car has no torque, but at 3000 they usually start building a good amount.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
But really, for $80,000, wouldn't you rather have the Viper?
Well that depends... why do you buy a Viper?
- Great performance - both cars have that
- Attention getter - both cars get attention
- Not something you see every day
Overall it would probably cost you more to own the Viper than it would to own the Tango... gas, maintenance, etc.
Now a Tango with a Viper body on it... Hmm. :D
Or my personal preference... a 360 Modena body. ;)

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
I wouldn't really call it a Viper killer, Vipers also go 0 - 60 in slightly under 4 seconds.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Yeah, but what about the old line "Race you for pink slips"? ;)
Hadn't thought of that one... I'd need to buy a new warehouse to put all my cars in. ;)