Election Day Stunner: Bush wins Florida Democratic Primary

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Reuter-AP: Tallahassee, FL

In an outcome no one anticipated, and sent the Democratic party reeling, republican President George W. Bush won a clear majority of votes in Tuesday's Democratic Presidential primary, pulling in 83% of returned results. When questioned about his unexpected victory, President Bush responded, "This is a clear message from the American people they want a President with strong, decisive leadership in foreign affairs, including the War on Terror, and also a long-term vision for prosperity and economic growth domestically. My record as your President demonstrates this unquestionably. Any election of a Democratic nominee would undoubtedly reverse the progress I have made. The American people understand this. Democrats understand this. God Bless America."

Democratic front-runner Sen John Kerry-(MA) commented on the loss last night after return results were confirmed. "My strong showing in the Florida race once again has shown that the American people are tired of the incompetent and reckless tax-cut and spend Bush adminstration. They want a President who will restore American confidence and dignity in the world arena, and spur real econmic recovery and job-growth at home. We will ride this victory to all the remaining primaries and then into the Presidential election in the fall!" When Sen. Kerry, who only garnered only 12% of the vote, was further questioned on his loss to a canidate not even listed on the ballot, Kerry responded with "no comment," and was wisked to a fund-raiser in Colorado. Aides reveled that they had been concerned that Sen. John Edward's now abandoned election bid may still draw signifigant number of votes in this southern state, undermining the unity behind the remaining Democratic contender, but Bush's surge was completely unexpected.

The morning was met with chaos for the Democratic party and DNC Chariman Terry McAuliffe. After a series of major election losses, notably the 2000 Presidential Election and the 2002 Senate races, the loss of an election where their party was the only party listed on the ticket drew sharp criticism from democratic supporters around the country. McAuliffe: "Last nights result's were a complete aborration of the primary process. I am annoucing the immediate creation of a special investigation task force to look into the Florida results. A full report will be forthcoming shortly." Before concluding the press conference McAuliffe added, "We have reason to believe there may have been foul-play in the Florida election. We do not accept the returned results. We will be taking the appropriate action as soon as the investigation concludes. No way we're losing this time."

Florida's republican governor, and brother to President Bush, only commented, "Hey, don't look at me. I didn't have anything to do with this one!"

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Florida's republican governor, and brother to President Bush, only commented, "Hey, don't look at me. I didn't have anything to do with this one!"
LOL:)

Gen Stonewall

Aug 8, 2001
Where did this story actually come from? (It sounds like someone had a particularly creative mind while he/she wrote this.)

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Stonewall
Where did this story actually come from? (It sounds like someone had a particularly creative mind while he/she wrote this.)

yeah, i was about to say this sounds more like an Onion Story!

it was damn funny though!

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
LOL. Regarless if it's true or not, it's funny :D

*waits for Dave to start complaining*

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Hey! I live here, so go pee in a pot in your own back yard. :)

Just because the new voting machines have a few glitches....

By the way, I've gotten out my "Blame Florida" hat and am wearing it on my runs. Most folks don't have a clue....

-Robert

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I heard that Gephardt actually won a county - something like a 2-1 margin too:p So they are doing a recount!!!:p Hehehe - nothing like recounting a primary ballot that is basically worthless anyway.

CkG

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
I heard that Gephardt actually won a county - something like a 2-1 margin too:p So they are doing a recount!!!:p Hehehe - nothing like recounting a primary ballot that is basically worthless anyway.

CkG

Electronic hanging chads?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: charrison

CkG

Something like that. Now they have to figure out the "intent" by finger printing the voter machines:p

CkG

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

CkG

Something like that. Now they have to figure out the "intent" by finger printing the voter machines:p

CkG

Saw the machines on the news, they looked pretty easy to use.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Genesys
Originally posted by: Stonewall

yeah, i was about to say this sounds more like an Onion Story!

it was damn funny though!

I'll take those as complements then. :D Your mind can really wonder when your locked in a lab all day....:p

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001

CkG

CkG

Saw the machines on the news, they looked pretty easy to use.

But you've mastered the internet (as in you've figure out how to get here). These are people from florida that we are talking about :D