Eizo EV2436W vs Asus PB248Q for graphics work?

T0bias

May 18, 2008
Hi,

I need to buy a new monitor to use mainly for graphical work (3d stuff, texturing etc.).

I have sort of narrowed it down to Eizo EV2436W or Asus PB248Q. The Eizo is flicker-free, but according to the Prad reviews of these monitors it seems like the Asus got better default colors out of the box (I don't have a calibration device to do a proper calibration). On the other hand the Eizo scores higher in a couple of things like illumination and brightness distribution and it is flicker free. The price is so close to each other where I live so that shouldn't be a factor. The main thing is if the Asus could be the better choice since I don't have a calibration device?

I hope someone can help me decide, thank you :)

Galatian

Dec 7, 2012
If you need accurate reproducible color accuracy you need a colorimeter anyway...

T0bias

May 18, 2008
I know I'd need that to achieve accurate colors (or a much more expensive monitor I guess), but I can't afford it right now, so I have to base my choice on how the monitors perform without calibration.

But I am not sure if the supposedly better default out-of-the-box colors of the Asus is significant enough to pick the Asus over the Eizo, since the Eizo may be better than the Asus in other areas (at least according to Prad)?

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
Borrow a colorimeter! They are rather cheap if not.

Eizo is on another level when it comes to customer support as well!

T0bias

May 18, 2008
Unfortunately I don't really know anyone with a device I could borrow - can you recommend a not too expensive colorimeter which is easy to use?

Another thing I noticed is that the Asus is supposed to have a lighter AG coating - whereas the Eizo has a heavier coating.. do you think this makes a big difference between the monitors?