Eisenhower was right!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The content of this thread is nearly exactly the same as the debunked email on Snopes. One sentence is different. No evidence presented that there were discussions; just a tweaked chain email. Locked. -Admin DrPizza

No where in this post does it state that schools in Britian are NOT teaching the Holocaust...but it does state that there has been discussions concerning NOT teaching the Holocaust.......
-- added - 7:17PM

When I was a kid, I couldn't understand why Eisenhower was so popular. Maybe this will explain why.

1securedownload.jpg

General Eisenhower Warned Us

2securedownload.jpg

It is a matter of history and fact that when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect:

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened.'

This week, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet. However, this is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. I am posting this in memory of the,6 million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians, and 1,900 Catholic priests Who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated' while the German people looked the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

3securedownload.jpg

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center

'NEVER HAPPENED',

4securedownload.jpg

Because it offends some Muslim in the U.S. ???

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE...SOMEONE HAD TO PAY FOR IT

Last edited by a moderator:

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Why are you so surprised? The UK already revisions a lot of history, especially regarding its Empire. During WW2, the British Empire's crimes matched, or perhaps even surpassed, those of the Nazis.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
When I was at Dachau I was taking pictures and it was making the Germans there very uncomfortable. They'd probably like to forget too.
Too bad.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Why are you so surprised? The UK already revisions a lot of history, especially regarding its Empire. During WW2, the British Empire's crimes matched, or perhaps even surpassed, those of the Nazis.

during wwii?

how about post-wwii?

britain's settler styled conflict in kenya during the 1950s, protection and support of muslim states that conspired against religious and ethnic minorities...oh, and let's not forget their support for jordan's occupation of palestine1111!!!!

britain continues to mask its shame with self-righteousness, claims of moral superiority, and antisemitism.

there is a reason there country is most like the muslim world.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
FW: FW: FW: FW: RE: FW: RE: Eisenhower was right!!!!!!

so whats your point???
It is still new worthy and we need to remember that the Holocaust really did happen.....

Also let`s to a yahoo search concerning what Britsh schools teach concerning
the holocaust...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...ocaust&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

http://www.ejpress.org/article/15992 -- European Jewish press

With that said of course the britsh have NOT stopped teaching the holocaust....but that is NOT what my original post stated -- a bunch of you goofballs without reading the entire post jumped to inaccurate conclusions --

This week, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet. -- nowhere does it say it was removed...but the hard fact is it was discussed....just goole the subject...lol

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
so whats your point???
It is still new worthy and we need to remember that the Holocaust really did happen.....

Also let`s to a yahoo search concerning what Britsh schools teach concerning
the holocaust...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...ocaust&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

http://www.ejpress.org/article/15992 -- European Jewish press

With that said of course the britsh have NOT stopped teaching the holocaust....but that is NOT what my original post stated -- a bunch of you goofballs without reading the entire post jumped to inaccurate conclusions --

This week, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet. -- nowhere does it say it was removed...but the hard fact is it was discussed....just goole the subject...lol

You cheapen the Holocaust by posting an email verbatim of something you found on the internet and wanted to be true... but isn't...

Offer a link to that 2010 UK debate....

Don't be that kind of knee jerk poster....

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh Jesus fucking Christ in a crutch, where does this thread hypothesis that Eisenhower was 100% correct come from.

As a liberal democrat I can't make any case that Eisenhower was 100% wrong, but no one can make the case he was 100% right either.

Like every US President before or since, Ike had his own set of faults and virtues, we still pay and pay for many of his mistakes and benefit from much of his wisdom.

Somehow maybe we should let historians judge Ike as a president, but I think its safe to say now, Ike will never be judged to be among the elite set of Presidents, but its also safe to say, Ike will never be ranked among the bottom set of US Presidents either.

But the other thing to say about Ike, is that he was a common man of the American people, who rose to prominence by achievement and not privileged birth, and very often but not always, that set of US Presidents can have great insights.

Maybe a tribute to Eisenhower is that few people of any political stripe, can years later summon up any hate of Ike.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
this thread needs to be locked. its no more then a chain mail that is wrong.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Lock up the chain email thread.

If you have a recent news article claiming that they are talking about banning the teaching of the holocaust then post it instead.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Sadly, I can't agree with either waggy and cumhail, why should not be the life and Presidency of Eisenhower be a totally legitimate subject for the Andand tech P&N gristmill?

As an amateur wannabee historian, I submit we cannot possibly understand WW2 or the middle of the 20'th century without understanding the formative years biographies of many of its its principles players. Must reads not to be neglected are the bio's of Winston Churchill and Dwight D. Eisenhower, both somewhat voted least likely to succeed, and what George C. Marshall saw in West Point cadet Eisenhower has to rank among the correct guess mysteries of the last 200 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.