Egypt President Mursi at MB rally...

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Well ain't this guy and his friends a ray of shine. /southern accent

If Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Mursi became president, Egypt’s new capital will no more be Cairo, but the new capital will be Jerusalem, a prominent Egyptian cleric said at a presidential campaign rally, which was aired by an Egyptian private TV channel.

“Our capital shall not be Cairo, Mecca or Medina. It shall be Jerusalem with God’s will. Our chants shall be: ‘millions of martyrs will march towards Jerusalem’,” prominent cleric Safwat Hagazy said, according to the video aired by Egypt’s religious Annas TV on Tuesday.

The video went viral after being posted on YouTube – accompanied by English subtitles by Memri TV –, with 61,691 views until Thursday night.

Egyptian cleric Safwat Hegazy (C) shouts during a demonstration at Tahrir Square in Cairo, against the verdict for deposed leader Hosni Mubarak. (Reuters)
“The United States of the Arabs will be restored on the hands of that man [Mursi] and his supporters. The capital of the [Muslim] Caliphate will be Jerusalem with God’s will,” Hegazy said, as the crowds cheered, waving the Egyptian flags along with the flags of the Islamist Hamas group, which rules the Gaza Strip.

“Tomorrow Mursi will liberate Gaza,” the crowds chanted.

“Yes, we will either pray in Jerusalem or we will be martyred there,” Hegazy said.

Hegazy’s speech came during a presidential campaign rally at the Egyptian Delta city of Mahalla, where Mursi attended along with the Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohammed Badei and members of the group and its political wing the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP).

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
We get to watch the Israelis destroy another incompetent arab army? Meh, been there, done that.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Looks like the spring brought in a heaping helping of crazy. Not sure which is worse, the dictators that were there before, or the religious nutcases now.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
We get to watch the Israelis destroy another incompetent arab army? Meh, been there, done that.

At least he's realistic about the options:

“Yes, we will either pray in Jerusalem or we will be martyred there,” Hegazy said.

There's no way they follow through though. Why risk your position for a war you know you will lose. No chance of winning the reelection after "millions of martyrs" die.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It is empty rhetoric...much like the Soviets always saying they would destroy the west. As a note, they are already allowed to pray there.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
He's the duly elected leader of a nation whether you like his policies and background or not. It is eminently sensible to at least meet the guy once before making a judgment.

Apr 27, 2012
Looks like the spring brought in a heaping helping of crazy. Not sure which is worse, the dictators that were there before, or the religious nutcases now.

The arab spring was a total failure, the situation is worse than before, they would have been better off with the old dictators but the idiot democrats will say this is bad

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It took the US a good decade or so to finally have a stable government after our spring...give them some time to figure themselves out. Just because you can microwave a dinner in 5 minutes does not mean everything in the world happens instantly.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
It took the US a good decade or so to finally have a stable government after our spring...give them some time to figure themselves out. Just because you can microwave a dinner in 5 minutes does not mean everything in the world happens instantly.

That's a fair point, but given the track record of other countries where religious crazies gain power, I'm not at all optimistic.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Would it be fair to compare the Muslim Brotherhood to the KKK? If you wanted to make American comparisons...

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I would say yes, keeping in mind the one is racial and the other religious in nature. But I think it is apt...at least for the KKK of the past. The modern KKK is all but powerless.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Wah Wah Wah, after a US puppet and serial looter of his nation in Mubarak got the ole heave ho in Egypt, who is the USA crazy enough to think another Mubarak clone would be democratically elected by the Egyptian people? But it could be far worse, for being
absolutely bat shit nuts, the only things that beats the Egyptian Salifist party can only be found in the Israeli settler party movement.

But who is Mursi, and what are his long range plans? Will he be another Nelson Mandella or the next Fidel Castro? But at this point in time the better question may be, will a democratically elected Mursi be overthrown by the Egyptian military and the Mubarak era court system.

That is the question now, learn it and live it. As the Mubarak era court system has ruled the previous Egyptian parliamentary elections are illegitimate, Mursi instead has taken the position that the democratically elected parliament should reconvene anyway in defiance of a corrupt and non democratically elected court. That in the standing today, as the Egyptian military is somewhat the tie breaker and we don't know yet who will win the pissing contest.

Meanwhile everyone and their brother in law says Mursi will do this that and the other thing. When we don't know yet if Mursi will come up on top or be overthrown in a military coup.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
[QUOTEWah Wah Wah, after a US puppet and serial looter of his nation in Mubarak got the ole heave ho in Egypt, who is the USA crazy enough to think another Mubarak clone would be democratically elected by the Egyptian people? But it could be far worse, for being

absolutely bat shit nuts, the only things that beats the Egyptian Salifist party can only be found in the Israeli settler party movement.

But who is Mursi, and what are his long range plans. 33688537]It was a shame what happened to those giant budhas in Afghanistan.[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a clueless thing to say IMHO, what evidence do you have that a Egyptian brother hood government will be as nutty as the Taliban, The Israeli settler parties, or the Egyptian Saliftists?

Go ahead Pr0d1gy, be a doom sayer, as if you will change the outcome in any way in Egypt. Have the courage of your conviction, please go to Egypt and read your riot act to the people of Egypt. I am sure they will be even more convinced of your wisdom than I am. After all who does not want to be the next Chalibi.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well there is another way to look at it, please all you anti Muslim Brother hood fan clubbers, learn it and live it, Mubarak and his corruption is in jail, and will never come back.

As a US educated Morsy is determined to steer a moderate course, uphold most aspects of the Israeli Egyptian peace treaties, and is nothing remotely resembling a dangerous radical.

As Egypt as a country is embarking on democratic rule and not a military dictatorship.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Monuments to other gods are intolerable to Islam.

To be fair to them, I respect them for actually following their beliefs instead of claiming merely claiming to follow them. I can disagree completely with them, but they were at least honest and true.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
As a US educated Morsy is determined to steer a moderate course, uphold most aspects of the Israeli Egyptian peace treaties, and is nothing remotely resembling a dangerous radical.

As Egypt as a country is embarking on democratic rule and not a military dictatorship.

I agree. There will definately be growing pains, but the military appears to be a very good one that will not try to grab power. The civilian leadership also must represent ALL the people, and since a large portion of them are Islamic, they need to be represented. I feel he is doing that well.

Time will tell, but I feel confident they will be a solid democracy sooner than later.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
He came to power through populist religious lines but he will be probably just as incompetent in running Egypt like his predecessors. I wonder what excuses can the Egyptian masses can think up then, not blaming Israel enough or more Islamization as the solution to failed Islamization.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
One nice thing about democracy is that the leaders do not want to fight wars that will cause them to lose massive amounts of troops...as that is bad for reelection. Vietnam was a wake up call for the US, as we still feel the effects of the way we fought that war. Even the Constitution was changed to reduce the voting age to include those who were being sent to war, to help ensure such a thing does not happen again.

I suspect the rulers of Egypt will not go to war with Israel, as they know they will be slaughtered. Rhetoric will be said, but it is empty.