Effects of alcohol while getting a tatoo?

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I heard alcohol affects the color of a tatoo. My cousin wants to know if there are any negative effects of drinking alcohol while getting a tatoo.

thanks
Dan

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Yea, not enough alcohol in the world to help you forget why you made such a silly mistake as tatooing your body. Drink up buddy!

By the way,Tats fade to black with time.

highme

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
Actually, most respectable tatoo artists won't work on you if you have been drinking. Alcohol thins your blood and you bleed much more than usual.

monckywrench

Aug 27, 2000
Not all tats fade to black with age. Modern pigments hold up quite well and do not disperse like the old crude inks. Whites and yellows do fade somewhat.There is no reason to drink when getting a tatoo anyway. Tattooing pain is NICE pain :)

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Unlike Jefferson Darcy, makes sure that the tattoo artist isn't drunk. You don't want your "I love Marcy" tattoo to be "I love Mary" and end up with a boot up your ass (cute X-Ray though).

I love Married With Children. It had it all. Best sitcom ever. :D

Gone (The Gallahads)

Dameon

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Highme is right.... alcohol thins the blood and makes you more likely to bleed more, and thus to pass out. It makes the process more dangerous. NEVER go to a tattoo shop that either
A) uses dirty needles or
B) lets you get a tattoo done slobbering drunk.

you can be "daring" all you want.. but there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Either of the above options qualifies as the latter. :)

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I have 3 tattoos and as previously said, you DO NOT want to get a tattoo at any place that lets you drink or gives you one after you have been drinking. No respectable place would allow it. Unless you see them actually clean the needles(pulling them out of a kill(sp.)) I would also insist on them using disposable needles. Then you don't have to worry as much about diseases.

BTW tattoos are not that painful unless you get them on skin that is very close to bone or on skin that doesn't get much exposure(like your underarms which see no light really).

Jim

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
I had to go back and get my tattoo finished at a later time because I was bleeding too much after 2 1/2 hours, and I was as sober as a preacher on Sunday. In fact, it was a Sunday.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Alcohol will change the color of your plasma. If you've ever donated plasma, you can tell the alcholics from the non alcoholics.

Healthy plasma is a very pale yellow, if you drank a lot the night before or day of, your plasma is very dark and almost red.

Now, if this has any relation to tattoo colors, I don't know. Maybe :)