Edmunds Full Test: 2007 Shelby GT500

essasin

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2004
Originally posted by: mariok2006
Text

Could an air filter really make that much difference?

I am not sure about it in this case because it wouldn't take two weeks to service a car for just an air filter but I do know they restrict the exhaust and air flow. I wouldn't be surprised to see 80+hp gains with just a k&n, free flowing exhaust and a tune. Just think what this thing could do with a smaller pulley or even a kenne bell on board.

overst33r

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: essasin
Text

I am not sure about it in this case because it wouldn't take two weeks to service a car for just an air filter but I do know they restrict the exhaust and air flow. I wouldn't be surprised to see 80+hp gains with just a k&n, free flowing exhaust and a tune. Just think what this thing could do with a smaller pulley or even a kenne bell on board.

yea evolution performance has one already in the 9s with just bolt ons, a tune, and slicks of course.

9.96s @ 141mph

essasin

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2004
Text

yea evolution performance has one already in the mid-10s with just bolt ons, a tune, and slicks of course.

Slicks do make a world of a difference but it reminds me of the Terminator days and I think they did a comparison article in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords that I have not been able to check out yet. I can't wait until someone slaps a kenne bell and really turns up tthe boost.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Text

yea evolution performance has one already in the 9s with just bolt ons, a tune, and slicks of course.

9.96s @ 141mph

my god, that sounded bada$$ on the dyno!!!

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Nah, it doesn?t do it for me.

It looks ok, but the alloy wheels could have been a bit more stylish.

overst33r

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Text

9.96s @ 141mph

my god, that sounded bada$$ on the dyno!!!

I'm still amazed at the torque its putting out.

thirdeye

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
www.davewalter.net
ROFL @ 12.8 from a 500hp car. Edmunds should just stop trying to drive these cars. And trying to say that that missing 16whp was the result of them not getting out of the 13s :p

melchoir

Nov 3, 2002
Text

9.96s @ 141mph

Modlist includes:
Intake, tune, exhaust, lower pulley, gears, driveshaft, BMR suspension, 75 shot, ported blower, bogarts with slicks, weight reduction down to 3600lbs w/driver

Edmunds weight as tested:
3,903lbs (No driver)

That car doesn't have only simple bolt ons, it has serious weight reduction, full suspension, and a small shot of nitrous. Definitely a bad ass car, but it's not as easy as it sounds with "simple bolt ons".

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
lmao! Bill Woebkenberg was my boss for a while, he is going to love it when I forward him this article.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
I;m a bit suprised. Edmunds usualyl has by far the slowest times and crppiest drivers but the times Edmunds put up for this Stang is only .1 off of the major magazines like C&D, R&T Motortrend, etc.

essasin

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2004
Originally posted by: melchoir
Text

9.96s @ 141mph

Modlist includes:
Intake, tune, exhaust, lower pulley, gears, driveshaft, BMR suspension, 75 shot, ported blower, bogarts with slicks, weight reduction down to 3600lbs w/driver

Edmunds weight as tested:
3,903lbs (No driver)

That car doesn't have only simple bolt ons, it has serious weight reduction, full suspension, and a small shot of nitrous. Definitely a bad ass car, but it's not as easy as it sounds with "simple bolt ons".

They are strenching the phrase simple bolt ons. But for the most part everything can be easily installed at bolts right up to the car except the tune. In that sense they are simple bolt ons.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
I think I'll have a mid-life crisis so I can get one.

<apoppin>
You're too old for a mid-life crisis.

:p

:Q

:eek:

:D

<apoppin/>

I fully expect to live to 146.