EDIT: first issue resolved; new questions

hurtstotalktoyou

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2005
Last week I had my Asus V3800 Ultra Deluxe set to the TV-out signal (you can only output one signal at a time on that old thing) while I was watching some movie. Though I had always set it back immediately after a movie on prior occasions, this time I left it on the TV-out signal overnight. When I woke up the next morning, neither signal was on (this happens sometimes with my other video cards, so I wasn't worried). So I rebooted--but I still had a blank screen, both on my monitor and on the TV. At first I thought it was an internal hardware issue, but it turns out my monitor had somehow died.

The monitor just won't work, not on either of my two systems. It's just some old 15" CRT, but I've never had one die, before. As far as I know, nothing radical happened to it (IE, I didn't drop it, there were no power surges (I have a surge protector), I didn't spill anything on it, etc.). It just up and died.

Or did it? I'm curious, could my video card somehow have killed it by sending a harmful signal through the VGA output? Because I'm about to buy a new monitor, and I really don't want this one to kick the bucket.

Or is it dead at all? I mean, it powers on, and seems to register some kind of signal (when I turn on the PC the blinking yellow light which means no signal turns into a solid yellow light, which typically means power-saving mode). So maybe it's stuck in power saving mode. Is it possible to fix this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Sounds like a bad mobo. Do you have a second psu to go through the steps again. Do you have a 2nd PC that you can swap the components over to, and test if they work in the 2nd pc?