EDIT 11/09/04: How did you hold hands with a girl? (includes breakdown on date costs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
EDIT 11/09/04

I forgot to mention, after she broke it off with me, i found out she is seeing some other guy in less than a week. Or maybe she was seeing him behind my back? Dunno.. Some 26 yr old douche web programmer... Life is good eh? Everytime i see their picture together, i feel like crap.

If you guys wanna know how she broke it off with me, here's the thread..

How she broke it off with me.

---------------------------------------------
EDIT 11/08/04:
Ok, so if you want to laugh at my misfortune, laugh away.

So it's been a month since she broke it off with me. We dated for 4 months, and after dating for 4 months, we were officially boyfriend/gf for less than a week, when she calls me to say, "let's just be friends.."

What did i learn from all this? Women are evil, deceptive, plotting, wicked, and conniving. They will do whatever they can to get their way, and they only want a guy under these conditions: successful, authorative, rich, has $$$, etc... What ever happened to liking somebody because you do?

I learned never trust a girl completely
I learned to keep your wallet close & your friends/family closer...
I learned to listen to your friends and if they all don't like her, ditch her.
I learned to that a girl can mess with your head more than calculus or organic chemsitry...
I learned 99.9% of girls = evil. I wanna find that 0.1% of sweetness or whatever is left...
I learned to like photography, guitar, working out, & entrepreneurship even more because I needed to get her off my mind...
I learned what I need to do in life and it isn't to focus on girls, but my ideal goals, dreams, and financial success.

This is WayneTeK, singing off.

EDIT: Ok, here is the breakdown on the dates..

1st date: $60 gift (her bday)
$20 dinner (Bj's pizza)
$20 movie
TOTAL: $100

2nd date: $70 on dinner at downtown disney JAZZ KITCHEN (what a total rip off)
$25 ESPN zone video games
$14 drinks at ESPN ZONE
$16 movie tickets
$6 ice cream
$16 flowers
TOTAL: $147 (downtown disney is a rip off!)

3rd date: $45 (3 hours of pool at the block, LUCKY STRIKE)
$15 drinks
TOTAL: $70 (i did save $10 because I won her at pool. We made a bet, loser pays for milkshake)

GRAND TOTAL: $317 (does not include fuel costs or other purchases made (clothing) to make myself look better.)

---------------------------------------------------
Ok, so i've been dating this girl for two weeks now and whenever i go out, i get this impression i should make a move. You know, kind of like a spidey-sense for men.

Anwyays, our last date (3rd one), we went to THE BLOCk to go shoot some pool at LUCKY STRIKE and while we were walking back to our car, i got this impression i should try to hold her or her hand.

Well, afterwards, to be honest, i wanted to go home cause i was tired, but she wanted to go for milkshakes, so we did that, at 2a.m.

I'm not sure if she really was cold or not, but after drinking milkshakes, she said, "i'm cold.." and i'm like.. :sun::)

Well, i was too big of a wuss to do anything at Denny's, so while driving home, i was super quiet because I was telling myself what to say to her so we could hold hands...

She is usually the quiet one, but since i was soo quiet on our way home, she actually tried to initiate a conversation.

I told myself if i didn't make a move this time, then i may be put into the FRIENDS category forever and shoot, holding hands should be the easiest thing.. but for me it was hard.

This is what i said to her while we were in the car.

"Janet... (short pause cause my mind blanked).. Umm, i'm gonna try something now, but if you don't like it, let me know." ~ ME

"Uh ok..." ~ Her

"Stick out your left hand." ~ ME

So she does it and i take it... Initially, i'm not sure if she got freaked out and tried to pull away, but she kept it there... But i think i did feel resisitance or could it be because our hands were in an uncomfortable levitating position?

Argh.. Anwyays, after i did that, she got super quiet. She is a really shy girl, but even after that, she got more quiet and looked outside the window only.. never twoards me.

I don't regret making this move because I'd rather know than blow more $$$ on her. For 3 dates, she cost me $310 :Q

Shoot, with $310, i could get myself more Pc3200 ram + creative muvo 4gb, which i really need...

And since i'm afraid of what's gonna happen next, i decided i'm not gonna call her anymore unless she calls me. Well, i'll give it a week b4 i call her.

*sigh* Love, it's a pain.

Reactions: Thebobo

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
omg you spent $310 on the first 3 dates damn

*edit* on topic...just do it when it feels right... grab her hands. most girls love that kinda crap... i cant believe your asking how to hold hands with a girl... lmao.

Reactions: shortylickens

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
why did you weird her out with the "Janet... (short pause cause my mind blanked).. Umm, i'm gonna try something now, but if you don't like it, let me know."?

and you spent Alot for 3 dates..., to save money, have dates like walk in the park at night, or go bowling or something...

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I read that and my mouth literally dropped with shock. PLEASE tell me you are in elementary school....the fact that "holding hands" is a move, the fact that you "initiated" the hand holding that way.....omg. Seriously....are you sure you have a penis?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Usually a girl will make the first move, even if they are shy. That is one of the good things about women, if they like you, you'll know it and you'll know when it's okay to do what.

If she doesn't call you, don't call her. It doesn't sound like she's interested based on what you said.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
you're a smooth one!

cut to 2 months from now... both in bed naked.

"Janet... (short pause cause my mind blanked).. Umm, i'm gonna try something now, but if you don't like it, let me know." ~ ME

"Uh ok..." ~ Her

"Stick out your butt." ~ ME

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
I don't regret making this move because I'd rather know than blow more $$$ on her. For 3 dates, she cost me $310

Shoot, with $310, i could get myself more Pc3200 ram + creative muvo 4gb, which i really need...

For 700+ more, you can buy youself a real doll(tm) and you won't have to spend anymore money.

Come on, don't be a cheap date, take her to Ruth's Chris steak house.

bobbybe01

Banned
May 30, 2004
Yeah $310 is a heck of a lot of money for going on 3 dates...that is, if you're not exclusive. You say she's a little shy and that she got real quiet after holding your hand (did she let go or whatever?). It may be that she was a little surprised and didn't know what to say; that's not always a bad thing. If I were you, I would just forget about it and not bring it up. Unless, however, you begin to notice some problems. However, your line about asking to "try something new" made it sound like it was sex. You could just reach out and hold her hand yourself...but whatever, it was your move.

Don't worry about these things so much. You need to be confident. If there's a problem, you'll know. If she's not ready for that level, that's ok.

More Tips

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dirtboy
Usually a girl will make the first move, even if they are shy. That is one of the good things about women, if they like you, you'll know it and you'll know when it's okay to do what.

If she doesn't call you, don't call her. It doesn't sound like she's interested based on what you said.
Yep.. although I'm not too sure on the first move thing, you can almost always tell if they're into it or not.

If it felt awkward at all to you, chances are it was really, really awkward for her.. lol

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
WOW! and i thought i was bad.. :)
$310 on three dates? yikes!

If it felt awkward, it probably was, but that doesnt mean she was taken aback or anything, if you havent been touchy feely with her then she may be feeling wierd getting to that point...

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Pepsei
I don't regret making this move because I'd rather know than blow more $$$ on her. For 3 dates, she cost me $310

For 700+ more, you can buy youself a real doll(tm) and you won't have to spend anymore money.

RealDolls are $6,000, not $1,000.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Deeko
I read that and my mouth literally dropped with shock. PLEASE tell me you are in elementary school....the fact that "holding hands" is a move, the fact that you "initiated" the hand holding that way.....omg. Seriously....are you sure you have a penis?

Haha, I know right. Maybe if you kissed her that would be one thing. But wtf? I don't say anything when I'm gonna kiss a girl either though. I just do it. And if she pulls away or doesn't kiss back then that's bad. If she kisses back that's good. lol.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: hjo3
Originally posted by: Pepsei

Maybe he was thinking of the generic brand. You know, they're like mannequins, but with one spike-laden entry.

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Well, i know that now. Sheesh. I'm new to the dating scene so yeah.. Hell, i'm 22 years old and this is my 2nd date with any girl...

The way i look at it, i got some extra cash to spend on girls cause i never had a GF.

We shall see what happens... Hopefully, she is just a super shy girl...

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: brunswickite
why did you weird her out with the "Janet... (short pause cause my mind blanked).. Umm, i'm gonna try something now, but if you don't like it, let me know."?

and you spent Alot for 3 dates..., to save money, have dates like walk in the park at night, or go bowling or something...

When I was growing up we would screw in the back seat of my mavewrick :D

Sure beats a walk in the park;)

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

That's just awkward and strange. She probably thought you were going to slide your tongue in her ear.

You been researching one of these hjo3? How are the user reviews? :D

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
You guys are awesome. Thanks for the tips guys. honestly... other forums aren't as interesting as anandtech, but you guys, you guys are something else! thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.