ECS K7S5A PRO USB 2.0 SiS® 735 SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD - RETAIL Back Plate Included. $36 shipped @ Newegg!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

McMadman

Mar 25, 2000
Just throwing my experiences with the K7S5A NONPRO:

I had the issues where 2 sticks of pc133 would not work properly at 133fsb (one stick worked fine, 100fsb worked fine - and ddr worked fine)

It lasted for about a year and a half to two years, and then I find that one of the mosfets has fallen off the board (taking out a number of caps with it)

I suppose it was decent for the price, and these issues may have been fixed with the pro version, but of course, YMMV.

Cha

May 30, 2002
I've had pretty good experiences with these mobos....both Pro & non-Pro.
They typically run very well (don't even think about overclocking). This is assuming you don't get a DOA product. I don't think it's ECS' fault for the large quantities of DOA's, more like shipping damage IMO.
If you're like me, building very low budget AMD systems for customers, this is a good board to go with. You can't beat the price & a lot of my customers are very "budget concious" (read "cheap") and they like the fact that they can skimp on memory, LAN, etc. until later.

Politik

Feb 23, 2003
This "Hot Deal" is dead, its back up to $37! Who would pay $1 more, when they can wait for another $36 Hot Deal?!

fibes

Jul 19, 2003
I wonder how many ECS K7S5A PRO mobo's Newegg has in stock? I always thought this was an discontinued item?Newegg must have an endless supply!