Economic Evidence the Donald was not a good president.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All the people who dont love him but defend him anyway say he was a good president because the economy was strong. Those people were clearly getting their info from propaganda sites like Fox News and Breitbart and probably some nazi sites as well.
THE ECONOMY is a lot more than just the stock market, and truthfully the stock market wasnt great under him. It had a nasty rollercoaster appearance and ended just slightly higher than when he took office. But employment and salaries and healthcare and the general welfare of the working class man all got worse during his tenure. Slashing taxes by a trillion dollars did NOT boost the economy like he said it would, because we already have lots of experience with high and low taxes and frankly nothing the modern conservative claims about taxes is true. Thats ugly but its provable.

And YES, the pandemic counts. Other presidents have managed to not wreck an economy during emergencies on top of which his policies for the pandemic were just fuckin wrong. HE ruined the nations health and the economy along with it. Partly because he's a moron but unlike most morons he went out of his way to ignore his advisors and fight with anyone that didnt blindly support him. That and he spent a third of his time on the golf course. The only people who did a lot better were the top one percent, and frankly despite what the republican party keeps claiming, thats NOT what the founding fathers wanted.

You guys can debate if you want but I finally got tired of arguing against lies and logical fallacies all day long. It hurts my head and the brainwashed zealots never listen. They just scream louder and pile on the fallacies, most of which are regurgitated from the propaganda sites. As for Joe, thats another discussion.

And the reason I didnt post this info at "That Other Place" is they keep pounding me with stupid shit like "orang man bad, lol!!" over and over again. I can't have an intelligent conversation with those people. They claim they dont love him but they support every thing he said or did including the personal attacks and insults on Americans and allies of America. Thats standard zealot horse shit and like most zealots, they cant admit they are zealots.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Oh, remember those coal mining jobs? He flat out lied about saving them. He lied about other things too but the coal mining job security was a big campaign issue.
You'll notice that Fox never reports on it.

Coal mining, like fracking, is simply debate theater.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Coal mining, like fracking, is simply debate theater.
yes but everything the republican regime has been pushing is debate theater. you're not saying anything. the purpose of this thread is to bring up specific issues, like lying about the health of the economy.
Not lying.
Not the economy.
Lying about the specific things he did to the economy and what the specific results were.
This is not a general pissing and moaning thread.

Actually, we could probably use a general pissing and moaning thread.

"Jesus's name was P&M", or something like that.

Reactions: hal2kilo

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
yes but everything the republican regime has been pushing is debate theater. you're not saying anything. the purpose of this thread is to bring up specific issues, like lying about the health of the economy.
Not lying.
Not the economy.
Lying about the specific things he did to the economy and what the specific results were.
This is not a general pissing and moaning thread.

Actually, we could probably use a general pissing and moaning thread.

"Jesus's name was P&M", or something like that.

What do you want me to say?

I agree with you on all points.

But until the voters punish them...I mean landslide punish them, they will continue to do it and get away with it.

Mar 11, 2004
OP, we definitely don't always agree, and even often when we do its via substantially different means, but seems we're very much on the same page here. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to explain this for over a decade now. And yeah, just trying to explain that the stock market is not the economy is a lesson in frustration. Trying to explain that inflation isn't inherently bad, especially when we can see glaring issues exacerbating things. Or *gasp* people might have to adjust their habits or take some personal responsibility for their own wanton fiscal behavior.

The GOP's biggest con to this country is convincing people they are actually good for the economy.

This. I've tried explaining it to the "fiscal conservatives" that claim that's why they keep supporting Republicans. I'm gonna have to deal with that shit too when they start complaining about their taxes going up, even though its Republicans responsible for that.

The reality is that Democrats are social moderates combined with actual fiscal conservatives, as opposed to the full of shit burn it down both socially and fiscally that Republicans have represented for nearing 50 years now. Even the alleged extreme left are more fiscally responsible than even moderate Republicans.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I mean, how do you explain this?

At some point you have to realize people WANT these kind of politicians in charge. Maybe more than you're willing to admit. You can't blame it all on misinformation, or "voting against their best interests," or bad messaging from the Dems.

I'm reading that as all the never-trumper conservatives flocking back to Republicans now that he's out, as if he was the only thing wrong with the party and as if they still don't bend over backwards for him.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I'm reading that as all the never-trumper conservatives flocking back to Republicans now that he's out, as if he was the only thing wrong with the party and as if they still don't bend over backwards for him.

Maybe.

But regardless of reason, it spells an absolute historic wipeout at the polls. So how do the Dems basically get a gift from the GOP in terms of Trump, J6, basically everything the past 6 years and still get trampled at the polls?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Maybe.

But regardless of reason, it spells an absolute historic wipeout at the polls. So how do the Dems basically get a gift from the GOP in terms of Trump, J6, basically everything the past 6 years and still get trampled at the polls?
Propaganda works. CRT is the most important issue facing the nation.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Trump was a fiscally irresponsible president who created more debt than even someone like Obama, lol. And Biden? Probably off to the worst economic start in many, many decades. But I don't blame him. The fed is reckless.

• Wow
Reactions: shortylickens

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BUMP!

This post is specifically about jobs:

And finally, so his zealots cannot lie about it after the fact:

Because Trump lies. And I have no doubt in the 2024 primaries he will get millions of fools supporting him. And that saddens me.

Reactions: KMFJD

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I would love to send this thread to everyone that claims they love Trump's policies but the rhetoric was the only problem.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well Trump may be the worst POTUS ever that produced in part the worst economic record ever and he lied his ass off every chance he got and he practically golfed his way through his tenure and he's the only POTUS to get impeached twice and sure he was Putin's Kompromat Kommondan'te and yes he had numerous associates of his jailed from being his stooges and well he did incite an insurrection and wishes a repeat performance if necessary BUT he's a swell guy who tells it like it is like how Mexico will pay for HIS wall, see? And he NEVER lies, see? And he is God's gift to the wealthiest folks of America! And he's just about the most well liked racist adulterer ever, so what's not to like? /s

Feb 4, 2009
And zero point zero republicans will admit it with the exception of the Lincoln Project folks.
Zero even the non deplorable Rs will admit it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
BUMP!

This post is specifically about jobs:

And finally, so his zealots cannot lie about it after the fact:

Because Trump lies. And I have no doubt in the 2024 primaries he will get millions of fools supporting him. And that saddens me.
Walls of facts make Cons eyes glaze over.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54