Econometrics explained *finally*

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Funny because I'm taking Macroeconomics. Wouldn't be as funny if I didn't get all of the inside jokes.

Bibble

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2006
I just learned about the 10 principles of economics a few weeks ago. That was hilarious, thank you.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
As explained to me in my first week of work at a large investment firm: "Forget everything you learned about the market in school. There are only two motivating factors in the market, fear, and greed. Neither are related to reality."

The industry bored me and I eventually left, but I still tend to think like a Finance/Econ major.

ZV

Mar 11, 2004
Funny, but that video is an example of why I don't like some people in economics, they study it because they think it makes them terribly smart and clever, not because they actually are interested in it (granted this is true of many things, but it seems to stand out especially bad on this). While certainly I think if one hopes to be a well rounded individual from an intellectual standpoint you should have a pretty decent understanding of econ, there is a ton of it that is just silly and really does not apply much to reality. It is humorous but there's a couple of people there who are getting to the point of laughing just because it is being applied to something they're studying. There's some parts where there's laughing and it doesn't even make sense. *I'm not necessarily talking about the guy doing the presentation, but rather the people laughing at pretty much everything he says.*

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
Funny, but that video is an example of why I don't like some people in economics, they study it because they think it makes them terribly smart and clever, not because they actually are interested in it (granted this is true of many things, but it seems to stand out especially bad on this). While certainly I think if one hopes to be a well rounded individual from an intellectual standpoint you should have a pretty decent understanding of econ, there is a ton of it that is just silly and really does not apply much to reality. It is humorous but there's a couple of people there who are getting to the point of laughing just because it is being applied to something they're studying. There's some parts where there's laughing and it doesn't even make sense. *I'm not necessarily talking about the guy doing the presentation, but rather the people laughing at pretty much everything he says.*

Laughing at margin requires too much....

too much....

too much of that goo in your ball on your shoulders...

*gets distracted*

"....shiny GOOG @ $430:D...oooooo"

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

too much....

*gets distracted*

:confused: *Looks at username, slowly backs away, gets outside and runs for dear life.* :D

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

too much....

*gets distracted*

:confused: *Looks at username, slowly backs away, gets outside and runs for dear life.* :D

smart kid...