Ebay: SanDisk Mobile Ultra 30MB/s Extreme 64GB microSDXC $15.99 shipped!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Not looking good. Seller has no more items on sale, and has changed feedback to "Private" (How the fark can they do that?!??!?). I'm getting no response to a query for a tracking number.

They have until the 30th to get it to me, then I go through the Resolution Center.

Not only did he make feedback private (only allowed if you don't list anything for sale), but he has more than 45 negative feedback in the last 30 days. Chinese scam is a scam...
I'm not waiting until the 30th...Opened a ticket this morning after seller ignored request for tracking number.

Last edited:

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Not only did he make feedback private (only allowed if you don't list anything for sale), but he has more than 45 negative feedback in the last 30 days. Chinese scam is a scam...
I'm not waiting until the 30th...Opened a ticket this morning after seller ignored request for tracking number.

Have you gotten a response back from the resolution center?

I just filed today.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Have you gotten a response back from the resolution center?

I just filed today.

Yeah you should get automated responses right away and throughout the process. I've never had an issue getting a refund when appropriate. If the seller doesn't refund you or provide the exact item you ordered within 7 days of opening the ticket, eBay will handle the refund themselves.

That "no links to ebay" policy is looking smarter by the minute. ;)

Indeed. And as we all noted from the outset, there was always risk involved. That said, this WAS a sale, NOT an auction, even if the seller was a risky one. In any event, it was a worth a shot, and I expect a full refund when the 7-day resolution period expires.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's the right attitude. I hope everything is resolved for you. It's sad how frequent these scams occur, and how so many of them originate from the same few countries.

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
That's the right attitude. I hope everything is resolved for you. It's sad how frequent these scams occur, and how so many of them originate from the same few countries.

Exactly. I have always played these sorts of things for what they are, gambles, at best.

The last time I tried for one of these too-good-to-be-true sales was an HP Touchsmart (not Touchpad) PC from an AliExpress vendor. Thankfully, AliExpress escrows the money paid for an item, so it was a snap to get my refund when the vendor hadn't sent a valid tracking number (they did send an invalid one).

Honestly, had they send me a box with a brick, they might have gotten their money and screwed me. Same here... the eBay vendor selling those SDXC cards could have sent empty, open envelopes which would have caused enough confusion with the matter to still get some of the money.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Same here... the eBay vendor selling those SDXC cards could have sent empty, open envelopes which would have caused enough confusion with the matter to still get some of the money.

Not to hijack, but it's funny you should mention this. I was recently accused of this practice by an Amazon buyer who claimed (no way to know if it was true) that the envelope I shipped was empty and (again, according to him) sealed upon arrival. It was full when I handed it to the nice lady at the post office, and now Amazon is trying to dock me for the payment, even though I provided proof of shipment. Alas, buyers seem to have all the rights in these matters. Hope you get your $$ back.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Not to hijack, but it's funny you should mention this. I was recently accused of this practice by an Amazon buyer who claimed (no way to know if it was true) that the envelope I shipped was empty and (again, according to him) sealed upon arrival. It was full when I handed it to the nice lady at the post office, and now Amazon is trying to dock me for the payment, even though I provided proof of shipment. Alas, buyers seem to have all the rights in these matters. Hope you get your $$ back.

don't they weight the package when you mail it? It should be on your postal receipt.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
don't they weight the package when you mail it? It should be on your postal receipt.

Yep, the receipt had all the info on it that would show the package contained what it was supposed to, and I submitted a copy to Amazon. They buyer, however submitted nothing, except his claim that he did not receive his item. Either he is lying (probable, not likely) or the contents were stolen in transit (likely). In any case, Amazon automatically decided in favor of the buyer, even though my record as a seller was flawless (but is not longer). I have stopped doing business with them as of last week, and let them know. I doubt they care much, but I'm done with them.

I only include this sad story to remind readers of the OP's outcome that both the buyer and seller have to protect themselves in these transactions.

Last edited: