Ebay: SanDisk Mobile Ultra 30MB/s Extreme 64GB microSDXC $15.99 shipped!

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
ebay link removed as ebay sales are not allowed

I just checked out Ebay for these tonight for fun and this came up and it looked hot. I only ordered one in case it's a scam. If it works I will order another one for my phone.

Guys, buyer beware with this as there have been Ebay scams with these types of things before. I figured that because the seller had such good feedback it was safe but time will tell and I will find out.

Remember, don't risk what you're not willing to lose! I was willing to risk $16 to try to avoid paying $50+ for one of these at NCIX or newegg. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Damn. Seller is in China, so you may never see your purchase, but still tempting.

Last edited:

Lead Butthead

Oct 5, 2009
considering the seller is in China, and sandisk product is one of the most widely counterfeited FLASH card on the market, I think I'll pass.

dodger2020

Mar 6, 2009
I just checked out Ebay for these tonight for fun and this came up and it looked hot. I only ordered one in case it's a scam. If it works I will order another one for my phone.

Guys, buyer beware with this as there have been Ebay scams with these types of things before. I figured that because the seller had such good feedback it was safe but time will tell and I will find out.

Precisely one of the reasons that NO ebay links are allowed here. Period.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
I might have done it if it were the C10 version :p (this is the C6 version)

SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB 30MB/s

In a USB 3.0 Card Reader + USB 3.0 Port

------------ Read | Write | Random 4K Write
Class 6 -- 40MB/s | 10MB/s | 1.5MB/s
Class 10 - 44MB/s | 14MB/s | 1.5MB/s

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
quoted ebay link removed

Remember, don't risk what you're not willing to lose! I was willing to risk $16 to try to avoid paying $50+ for one of these at NCIX or newegg. Good luck!

No links to auction sites. We do not consider auctions to be Hot Deals. Posting a link to your own auction offer may be reason to lock your account.

Last edited by a moderator:

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Honestly guys you should include Ebay here. This is a "buy it now" auction so the price is fixed to $15.99.

I think they're out of stock now.

I contacted the seller and he re-assured me that the card is legitimate and says he will refund my money if I'm not 100% satisfied.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
I contacted the seller and he re-assured me that the card is legitimate and says he will refund my money if I'm not 100% satisfied.

Let's hope you are right. And, I agree, this is technically not an auction item, but a straight sale, and so should be allowed.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
So many flash issues, seller in China, that is a lot of Caveat Emptor for a hot deal, plus its sold out. Sounds like its OK to mention the deal, just no links, so maybe that is a reasonable compromise.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
As long as it's a "buy it now" price, I don't see why there shouldn't be links to the sale. A hot deal is a hot deal, and every reader should already know that it's caveat emptor when it comes to ebay.

dluu2

Oct 27, 2004
says there's still 8 left...but it's at 16.99 so this could be a different seller...

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
I ordered some headphones from ********** (Hmmm...the forums blanked out the name), a reputable vendor from China, and they shipped out a few days later, but then took three months to arrive in the US. Never again.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
The level of fake coming from China far exceeds stuff that is easy to distinguish from packaging. Recent thumb drives had the issue of being formatted to appear as advertised size, when they are actually MUCH smaller devices.

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Strange... Maybe these guys caught an overrun of product from the manufacturer?

Worth a gamble, at least. That's a lot of feedback to burn on a scam.

I've only had problems with one Chinese vendor, from Ali Express - the seller never shipped, but the site, which escrows the payment, refunded me promptly. I still never figured out what that seller was thinking they'd get away with using an escrow site to try and scam people... they didn't even try and send a brick or empty box, like some scammers do to make it harder to file a claim.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
Shipping is often out of the sellers hands. Last item I received came in a 5x7 inch black plastic bag with customs and shipping labels glued to it, but the post office wrapped my package around another one and put a rubber band around them. I took the inner package back to the post office, but that maybe added a week to delivery and some would just open it and use it.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Worth a gamble, at least. That's a lot of feedback to burn on a scam.

My thoughts exactly. The seller has over 500 positive feedback (including lots of recent feedback), and has responded to inquiries regarding the authenticity of the product offered. Seems like a decent shot of getting a real product. And you're protected through Paypal if you never get your item. And I agree that Buy It Now isn't really an auction, but there is definitely some risk here. I ordered a 32GB SDHC card from the same seller for slightly less, and figured it was worth the risk taking all factors into consideration. I'll report back either way...

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
im pretty sure even the counterfit sandisk cards still work fine.. theyre just not as fast. definitely not what you want if youre running an os off them, but for music and picture? hell yeah thats $15 for 64GB!

but thats if they actually work... these are normally $75 cards. something isnt right

Last edited:

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
im pretty sure even the counterfit sandisk cards still work fine.. theyre just not as fast. definitely not what you want if youre running an os off them, but for music and picture? hell yeah thats $15 for 64GB!

but thats if they actually work... these are normally $75 cards. something isnt right

I always thought that the counterfeit cards were messed up and were of very limited capacity.

Usually what you get is a card that reports the expected capacity, but when you actually go to write beyond the first couple GB all you get is corrupted data/errors. Basically, you get a 2GB card with the eprom identification rewritten and all external markings to show you bought a higher capacity card.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Like my old grandaddy always said, if it looks too good to be true...

Sorry, not trusting China eBay. That said, I have ordered from Deal Extreme several times and have yet to not get precisely what I ordered (say, how's that for some shitty English?). Takes forever to make it across the Pacific, however.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Like my old grandaddy always said, if it looks too good to be true...

Sorry, not trusting China eBay. That said, I have ordered from Deal Extreme several times and have yet to not get precisely what I ordered (say, how's that for some shitty English?). Takes forever to make it across the Pacific, however.
It's usually 3 weeks to 1 month for me. It's worth it for the savings if this works out.

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Not looking good. Seller has no more items on sale, and has changed feedback to "Private" (How the fark can they do that?!??!?). I'm getting no response to a query for a tracking number.

They have until the 30th to get it to me, then I go through the Resolution Center.