Ebay products

krwell

Feb 11, 2001
For all of the people that sell a lot of items on ebay, where do you get your products?

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
No one's going to tell you how to steal their market...

The only thing I can say is be resourceful.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: krwell
how about not from the HD forum

You're never going to do more than 500 a month average with the HD forum. Plus the effort trying to obtain things everyone else is isn't even worth it.

Half of it is knowing the right people...

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: CrazyDe1
Originally posted by: krwell
how about not from the HD forum

You're never going to do more than 500 a month average with the HD forum. Plus the effort trying to obtain things everyone else is isn't even worth it.

Volume my friend, where is Rossman with his 18 lcds and mass digital rebels?

krwell

Feb 11, 2001

CrazyDe1,
You sound like you do a lot of ebaying. I just want a point in the right direction.

emmpee

Golden Member
Nov 26, 2001
check your local stores a couple times per week for crazy clearance deals (find them before they get posted and ravaged).

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Well, for one, people who work at bestbuy get huge employee discounts.

For another, volume is key. The key to good pricing is volume.

Thirdly, understand how new products go from prototype to manufacturing to channel partners, VARs, and distributors. Now, if you know what you're doing and can BS a little and do it right with enough capital, you can make your way up the chain.

Finally, the key to getting the best prices is from foreign countries. There's a reason why things are manufactured in China...

SSibalNom

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2003
downtown L.A. ... I havent yet but I know people who do, buy 10 electric sit down scooters @ $1000, sell each for $150, overcharge a little on shipping... and thats it

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
If you're serious, start networking. You probably know somebody who does import/export, wholesaling, manufacture, etc. Start asking about getting things for wholesale cost. You basically buy a case, carload, pallet etc of whatever and then sell it for a profit.

Also, see if you know someone who is in fulfillment. They are the people who take things from order stage to sending out stage. They know more than anyone about what sells and where to get large quantities of anything at wholesale prices.

Other standard methods of finding product are Police sales, Government auctions, business auctions (the back page of the NY Times sunday classified is classic), bankruptcy sales.

And the other standard advice is "find out where your dollar store buys their merchandise."

Good luck.

teckmaster

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2000
I've been selling a lot of stuff of my own that I don't use anymore. In the spring I plan on being a garage sale whore and get some good stuff there.