eBay...non-paying bidder. Should I file a complaint, or give him some more time? **UPDATE**

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Originally posted by: NFS4
OK, Friday and Saturday went by, and still no check in the mail.

He contacted me Thursday night and said he was sure it would have been here by now and that he would cancel the cashier's check and send me PayPal at the LATEST on Friday morning. Friday morning comes and goes, Friday night comes and still no money PayPal'd to me. He sends me an email early Saturday morning saying that he got the cashiers check stopped with Bank of America and it cost him $40 to do so...uhh, OK. He then says again that he will send the PayPal ASAP (and then tells me thanks for understanding...heh, yeah...:eek:). Saturday goes by, still no PayPal. It's Sunday afternoon now and still no PayPal. It's been almost 2 weeks since the end of the auction:eek:

Now what?

Brandon, you cant stop payment on a cashiers check. Not until after 90 days.

-PAB

That's why I said "Uhh, OK" b/c I believed he was BS'ing me. Regardless, I'm gonna give him two days to fess up or I'm relisting, posting negative feedback, and getting my auction fees back.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000

He contacted me Thursday night and said he was sure it would have been here by now and that he would cancel the cashier's check and send me PayPal at the LATEST on Friday morning. Friday morning comes and goes, Friday night comes and still no money PayPal'd to me. He sends me an email early Saturday morning saying that he got the cashiers check stopped with Bank of America and it cost him $40 to do so...uhh, OK. He then says again that he will send the PayPal ASAP (and then tells me thanks for understanding...heh, yeah...:eek:). Saturday goes by, still no PayPal. It's Sunday afternoon now and still no PayPal. It's been almost 2 weeks since the end of the auction:eek:

Now what?

-PAB

That's why I said "Uhh, OK" b/c I believed he was BS'ing me. Regardless, I'm gonna give him two days to fess up or I'm relisting, posting negative feedback, and getting my auction fees back.

Just making sure you know. Lots of rookies think otherwise.

You do realize you can only get final value back. I once paid around $20 for listing fees, buyer burned me and I had to pay again. Worst part was, it happened on 3 different auctions.

-PAB

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Now what?

-PAB

You do realize you can only get final value back. I once paid around $20 for listing fees, buyer burned me and I had to pay again. Worst part was, it happened on 3 different auctions.

-PAB

Well, it cost me $5.95 to list the item, and eBay pocketed $9.43 from the final selling price :eek: I sent the guy an email just now telling him to pay up by Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST or face the wratch of Khan!:p

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!! :D

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000

Now what?

-PAB

-PAB

Well, it cost me $5.95 to list the item, and eBay pocketed $9.43 from the final selling price :eek: I sent the guy an email just now telling him to pay up by Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST or face the wratch of Khan!:p

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!! :D

Hehe. I pay my lawyer to do that. Now when people dont pay me for bids, I get to sue them. Adding insult to injury, they have to pay for all my out of pocket costs too. :D

I havent had a NPB case since.

-PAB

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Now what?

-PAB

-PAB

Hehe. I pay my lawyer to do that. Now when people dont pay me for bids, I get to sue them. Adding insult to injury, they have to pay for all my out of pocket costs too. :D

-PAB

Can I use your "pay me or I'll sue" clause in my auctions, too? ;)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Now what?

-PAB

-PAB

-PAB

What does your "Sue Clause" actually say in your auctions?

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000

Now what?

-PAB

-PAB

-PAB

I'll show ya. Gimme a minute. BTW, I dont see you on AIM anymore. Do you not have this killer app on your home system?

-PAB

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Now what?

-PAB

-PAB

-PAB

I'll show ya. Gimme a minute. BTW, I dont see you on AIM anymore. Do you not have this killer app on your home system?

-PAB

I've got AIM, give me a PM

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
LOL, the threat must have lit a fire under his ass. He sent the payment today :D