Ebay needs this feature...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CrazyDe1
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Every single person on ebay started off at 0. Seems to me it's a minority causing any problems. What is it that you're selling that seems to be attracting all the npb's?

Cell phones...all different brands, nokia, sanyo, motorola, nec

Out of 30 items won with buy it nows 20 have been with 0 feedbacks, and only about 5 have payments. I sell a whole bunch of other stuff too but only on friggin cell phones do 0 feedback bidders keep bidding and not paying. The last excuse from earlier today was "I left my computer on and my 2 year old clicked the buy button"

What the hell are the chances of that????

Yep, the cell phone 0 feedback non-paying bidders are absolutely ridiculous. My guess is that it is competing sellers who are doing this, in order to lower competition. Happens to me ALL the time, pretty much exclusively by 0 feedbacks.

I dont so much think that 0 feedbacks should be blocked, but there should be an option to block 0 feedback bidders from using buy it now until they pay first. I know you can do that already, but Id like it to be exclusive to 0 feedbacks.

And of course, international bidders all need to die. If I had a dollar for every time Ive been asked to ship an expensive item to africa or indonesia Id be a very very rich man.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BD2003
Originally posted by: CrazyDe1
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Every single person on ebay started off at 0. Seems to me it's a minority causing any problems. What is it that you're selling that seems to be attracting all the npb's?

Cell phones...all different brands, nokia, sanyo, motorola, nec

Out of 30 items won with buy it nows 20 have been with 0 feedbacks, and only about 5 have payments. I sell a whole bunch of other stuff too but only on friggin cell phones do 0 feedback bidders keep bidding and not paying. The last excuse from earlier today was "I left my computer on and my 2 year old clicked the buy button"

What the hell are the chances of that????

Yep, the cell phone 0 feedback non-paying bidders are absolutely ridiculous. My guess is that it is competing sellers who are doing this, in order to lower competition. Happens to me ALL the time, pretty much exclusively by 0 feedbacks.

I dont so much think that 0 feedbacks should be blocked, but there should be an option to block 0 feedback bidders from using buy it now until they pay first. I know you can do that already, but Id like it to be exclusive to 0 feedbacks.

And of course, international bidders all need to die. If I had a dollar for every time Ive been asked to ship an expensive item to africa or indonesia Id be a very very rich man.

The funny thing is it happened another 3 times in the past 2 days. I swear I'm going to create another account, email all these 0 feedback winners telling them I wanted the phone and that I'll pay them twice as much as they paid for it if they send it to me. I bet I'll see immediate payment from all of them.

I get 3 emails a week saying they'll pay me 200 extra dollars if I "use my machine to charge their credit card". When I say no they're like I'll give you 500 dollars extra for your item because my wife really wants it if you can have a friend charge the credit card on their machine. It's ridiculous....these people don't let up

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
What is up with these people?!? I put in my auction stating that they have to contact me before bidding. So what happens some with 0 history bids. I e-mail them stating the terms which they don't respond to. Looks like they'll be getting blocked. I don't mind newbies bidding but I think they should have an ability to require the seller giving permission for the newbie to bid. Can't stop them now from bidding if it's 5 seconds before auction close.