Question Easy dvd creator-MFC application error

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
As the topic title say,i have some trouble with Easy DvD Creator.I have this annoying error when i try to burn a dvd,before i start process or sometime during process

The error is: MFC application has stopped working

I try all OS: win 7,win 8.1 ,win 10 and same error.I tried also compatibilty,run as admin.I check with sfc /scannow and is fine.

is weird because last year was perfect without any error.

I tried many version of Easy dvd creator,and is useless...same error

I tried to install visual C++ 2005 and nothing happened,same error.

Some advice to resolve this error pls?

thanks

Attachments

• easy dvd error.jpg
    easy dvd error.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 11

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
As the topic title say,i have some trouble with Easy DvD Creator.I have this annoying error when i try to burn a dvd,before i start process or sometime during process

I try all OS: win 7,win 8.1 ,win 10 and same error.I tried also compatibilty,run as admin.I check with sfc /scannow and is fine.

thanks

Looking at the application page I found , the latest version of Easy ... appears very old in programming time, dating from 2013.Then there is the supported OS limitations which do not cover the windows versions you have tried.

The error arises I suspect from the lack of OS support and from using an app that has not been updated since Noah learned to swim.

Reactions: Leymenaide

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

is weird because last year was perfect without any error.

I tried many version of Easy dvd creator,and is useless...same error

I tried to install visual C++ 2005 and nothing happened,same error.

Some advice to resolve this error pls?

thanks
what about alternative programs:

DVDStyler - Free DVD Authoring Application

DVD Flick

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Try "MSVCRT AIO" hosted at techpowerup.com . It has ALL of the applicable MSVC Runtimes, in an easy to use package with a .BAT file to install them all.

Also, you might need to install the (Adaptec) EZ-SCSI driver(s), to use that program. (I honestly don't know if 64-bit versions of EZ-SCSI drivers even exist.)

That program is SO OLD, might have to use 32-bit Win7.

Edit: Google "WinASPI".

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
VirtualLarry i will test your solution,and come back with feedback.I wanted so much that program because is the only one who have a little trick,and really i love that.I will explain.
On a burned disk with Easy dvd creator, if i press forward button on any player of a one hour video content written to disk, he skip that content every 5 minutes,5 minutes and so on. So basically to play the next chapter video I have to press 12 times forward to move to the next chapter (60: 5) Other burning software don t do that like Easy dvd creator,and i don t like this.I hope u understand what i try to say.That's why i love so much this old program.No one do that,or maybe im wrong im not 100% sure,but i tested many dvd authoring software like: iskysoft,wondershare dvd creator,cd burner,and no one is like easy dvd creator.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I think that those are "Chapter marks", laid down by the DVD Authoring tool.

I'm sure that with a sufficiently-capable DVD Authoring program, you could do those manually, with some slight work, but it's nice to know that given a bulk video file, that EZ DVD Creator will insert those manually.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I'm sure that with a sufficiently-capable DVD Authoring program, you could do those manually, with some slight work, but it's nice to know that given a bulk video file, that EZ DVD Creator will insert those manually.
if he really wants to buy something he should get DVDLab. It has a steep learning curve but once you get a handle on it you'll wonder how you ever lived without it, especially the Pro version.

EDIT: looks like standard is now free.

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015

I'm sure that with a sufficiently-capable DVD Authoring program, you could do those manually, with some slight work,
but how?.I don t know.Can u teach me,or can u suggest me a program like easy dvd creator which alow me to do this?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
DVDLab do the same thing like easy dvd creator?
yes and more but it is very complicated at first. It uses links to videos and menus. Actual dotted line links to show the relationship to all functions.

It transcodes videos as well. It has a steep learning curve and is not for first timers.

You can get the base one for free and tinker with it if you want. It is serious DVD authoring software and doesn't hold your hand.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
anyway the weird thing is,if i want to buy easy dvd creator i can't because was developed and created by Ether Sotware,and that company is a ghost :(
If i press buy it redirect me to a weird page like this : http://www.divxtodvd.net/order.htm
I found and article about easy dvd creator,and i tried to do all explained on this article but is useless :(

I will try solution of Larry,my last hope.

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
anyway the weird thing is,if i want to buy easy dvd creator i can't because was developed and created by Ether Sotware,and that company is a ghost :(
If i press buy it redirect me to a weird page like this : http://www.divxtodvd.net/order.htm
I found and article about easy dvd creator,and i tried to do all explained on this article but is useless :(

I will try solution of Larry,my last hope.
did you try re-installing it?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Did it work normally and then give you that error or did it give you that error after you installed it on 8.1?

If the latter then you may need to install a few of the c++ updates. Maybe even dot net framework 2.0 to 4.x.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Have you determined which MFC application does not work ? Otherwise you are just shooting in the dark.
I would not introduce non windows supplied code to a windows OS even if on some basis it should work. It looks like the registry server/OS is telling you this as well. If you could do so it may cause more trouble in other areas. And if you persist, certainly do a full backup because even crippled as it is now, your OS may not work at all after installing non Windows supplied updates.
And you have ignored the fact that none of the OS you have tried are compatible with the DVD creator.

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
some guys gave me another clue.i installed VMWARE work station,and i start win xp sp3 there,but i don t know if win xp will see my ATAPI driver for DVD to starting.I forgot how to use windows xp and virtual machine OMG jesus christ.I configure vm vare to see 40Gb drive and show me after install partition C,but i can t remember how to install a network driver to operate from there.I try to copy easy dvd creator from my real computer and paste in virtual machine,and don t let me.Any ideas?

Attachments

• vmware.jpg
    vmware.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 3
  • xp.jpg
    xp.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 3

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
my network driver is installed and dvd driver in virtual machine,but to hell i suppose to start internet explorer,if is missing from tray? :((
With these modern OS i forgot how to use old OS

Attachments

• cp.jpg
    cp.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 2

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
my network driver is installed and dvd driver in virtual machine,but to hell i suppose to start internet explorer,if is missing from tray? :((
With these modern OS i forgot how to use old OS
IE should be in the start menu on XP.

you could go to run and type iexplore

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
i installed win 7 on virtual machine,but when i start easy dvd creator on him i have no errors but nothing hapened

Attachments

• win 7.jpg
    win 7.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 3

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
At last I finish the burning process with easy dvd without gaving me the MFC error. I think I found where the bug was in my case, but I AM NOT 100% sure, it's just a simple assumption of mine, it remains to see......
I noticed a strange thing today, SOME video files that I assigned in the list of easy dvd, had at Duration of: 00.00.00 and every time I started, always ended with crash: MFC stop responding
If I saw this, I renamed the video file, then reload it in the easy dvd list. Surprise, after renaming the SAME video file with a DIFFERENT name, and after reloading it with easy dvd creator, I saw suddenly the corect runtime at Duration: 00.40.15
Click Start again ..... and...and...and SURPRISE, no more MFC error, it even completes the burning successfully. The burning time of approx. 120min multimedia content with conversion lasted only 1h and 19 min, hellish long :(
I repeat I don't know if this is the real cause related to MFC, or maybe it was just a miracle, it remains to convince me along the way. In any case, the process is very slow until it is completed.ANYWAY I think I started to hate Easy dvd creator :(

Attachments

• amin.jpg
    amin.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: