Eastman recommended to be disbarred

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Could get get prison time for any crimes?
I think he is charged with bring disrepute on his fellow lawyers for which they will take away his right to practice law. He isn't on trial for crimes but for being unethical and knowing it. Trump would have never come up with challenging voting machines or or or putting together alternative electors. His corrupt lawyers thought all that up. They made to plans to overthrow the election but got stopped by Pence. My opinion.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Could get get prison time for any crimes?

Being disbarred is a civil matter. But Eastman is facing criminal charges in GA for essentially this conduct.

Jeffrey Clark is in the same situation, facing disbarment in Washington, DC and also a defendant in the GA case. His disbarment hearing is going on now and it is my understanding he is frequently claiming 5th Amendment in his testimony.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Being disbarred is a civil matter. But Eastman is facing criminal charges in GA for essentially this conduct.

Jeffrey Clark is in the same situation, facing disbarment in Washington, DC and also a defendant in the GA case. His disbarment hearing is going on now and it is my understanding he is frequently claiming 5th Amendment in his testimony.
Which is like telling a bunch of legally sophisticated people that if he were to answer their questions about his ethics honestly they would be obliged by their duties to disbar him. disbar him. When you take the 5th you are admitting that truthful answers would be incriminating by your own estimation.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If the current times have taught us anything there is no such thing as ethics in the judiciary.
For me this raises ethical questions. What I see is that there is no such thing as ethics in a swath of right winged activist judges and too many ethical judges that that won’t respond in kink because that violates playing by the highly ethical rules at the heart of our judicial system, ethics that bar fanatics from assuming that whatever they think justice is actually is.

In this way those who have no respect for the rules can corrupt the system of those who do.

So the question is, is there such a thing as real ethics or not snd is the left more likely to serve it. If so, then, in my opinion, the left should turn the tables and burn the corruption infecting it to the ground by setting aside the rules that allow the right to win. When you are faced with chaos and disaster like Trump represents you need to act in the way he depends on you to be unable to. You don’t allow fucking scum to fuck you.

Later you can apologize for your bad behavior since you will still be around to do so. Why does the right not have to face the same threats they issue? Of course I could be wrong and I am not comfortable with this line of reasoning at all.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
If the current times have taught us anything there is no such thing as ethics in the judiciary.

IMO and actual experience the overwhelming vast majority of attorneys and judges are far more ethical than the general population and adhere to the Code of Professional Responsibility. To equate the ethics of ALL judges with the (lack of) ethics of Clarence Thomas is the equivalent of equating all politicians with the ethics of His Donaldship.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
IMO and actual experience the overwhelming vast majority of attorneys and judges are far more ethical than the general population and adhere to the Code of Professional Responsibility. To equate the ethics of ALL judges with the (lack of) ethics of Clarence Thomas is the equivalent of equating all politicians with the ethics of His Donaldship.
I don’t think we lump all attorneys into the likes of Clarence Thomas but the systems protects people like CT so I do blame all attorneys since they make up the system.

Kinda like cops in a precinct ignoring the actions of the corrupt ones. It taints the entire system.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I don’t think we lump all attorneys into the likes of Clarence Thomas but the systems protects people like CT so I do blame all attorneys since they make up the system.

Kinda like cops in a precinct ignoring the actions of the corrupt ones. It taints the entire system.

The systems that are currently failing (in many areas) are the ones that require some semblance of shame and/or self responsibility as part of the foundation of their enforcement mechanism. The rules just assumed that this would always be in place, and now it's not.