Easter Sale: Maximum PC Magazine 1 year 3.39

Collije

Dec 10, 1999
I've bought from them a few times, subs take a little time to start but I've had good experiences with them.

Super56K

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2004
Lol, I think I have a subscription to maxim for the next couple of years for free thanks to these forums.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Can anyone who's a member please tell me if this can be used for Canada as well? Thanks :)

HESDog

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Collije
I've bought from them a few times, subs take a little time to start but I've had good experiences with them.

Anyone else have experience with this outfit?

Yo2

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2001
A little something to be aware of:

Sponsor's Contribution

This magazine is eligible for a sponsor's contribution. Members receive occasional promotional emails*, not to exceed 1 email a week, from Magazine Values, their marketing partners and sister divisions. The revenue paid by these advertisers along with advertising revenue generated by the advertising on the website is used to offset the price of this subscription. The amount of the contribution is determined by a statistical analysis of the demographics of this magazine. The member's payment plus the sponsor's contribution pays the total price of this subscription.

*We do not rent or sell members names, address, email address, or personal information to any unrelated third party without their permission.

- still I just ordered almost $80 in mags - thank you

Yo2

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2001
They have a "renewal option". I would assume though that that works only if you subscribed through this site before

zettler

Nov 16, 1999
I like the magazine, and mine here at work is about to expire, so I decided to order a new one for home. I have tried a half dozen times and it keeps asking me to login and then it throws out my Basket. Repeat. Repeat.

I will try later but so far I am not impressed with their site - just the price on this one subscription price.

Hope others are having a better experience.

foolish501

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
thanks for the heads up, didn't go for it myself, as i already paid $37 for a 3 year sub, but a few friends have taken them up on the offer, and then some aswell

Growltiger

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I've seen quite a few people posting how they like this magazine. What makes it so good? Is it better than PC Mag or just the same?

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Growltiger
I've seen quite a few people posting how they like this magazine. What makes it so good? Is it better than PC Mag or just the same?

Way better.
Still waiting for my sub 2 months ago but I goofed and put renewal, thought they could just carry over my current sub that I've had forever.

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Just ordered:

2 years Maximum PC
2 years Computer Gaming World
3 years Scholastic Parent & Child (for the wife, she paid about $15 for 1 yr)

zettler

Nov 16, 1999

I concur about how good this magazine is.

It contains VERY usefull articles - how to, who to contact, etc. - and I can take it home with me to use as a guide to clean up my Windows XP Pro systems.

It is right on for what it covers for my family and myself, with regard to PC's, systems, hardware, software, and games for my son. While it might not be as up-to-the-minute as a web site can be, by golly, it sure is close and you do not have to print it out and forage through all the cr@p you would else where.

To recap, its concise, its current, its relevant, its easy to follow, and its cheap!

Now that is a HOT DEAL IMHO!!!

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Thank god the link still works, my free subscription just ran out. $8.97 for 3 years is as hot a deal as you can get without it being free. Thanks for the deal!!

KJW

Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
<blockquote>Quote

Way better.
Still waiting for my sub 2 months ago but I goofed and put renewal, thought they could just carry over my current sub that I've had forever.[/quote]

I have been a subscriber for a few years and it is far and away the best computer magazine for anyone who enjoys tinkering with their computer. PC Mag just reviews new products and gives very superficial tips on how to use programs. Maximum PC really tells you how to do cool things with your PC and how to get the most from it. It also actually compares different brands of products and doesn't seem afraid to criticize manufacturers or vendors like other magazines. Very enjoyable and a steal at this price.

Buz2b

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2001

I won't bother repeating what the kudos about the mag others have given; it is that good! The only complaint I have is that the damned thing is usually almost half full of ads and nothing but ads. Almost the entire latter half of the mag is full of full page ads and other such nonsense. Just pisses me off sometimes. Other than that, the pages that actually do have articles, tests and comparisons are excellent; there's just not enough IMHO!
This is a steal though. I pay $12 a year for the cheapo (meaning no CD) version subscription and just recently renewed. :frown:

jfnz24

Apr 15, 2002
Any way to renew an existing subscription without messing up my account/missing an issue? Thanks.