"Easter Egg" in Freecell

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
did a search, couldn't find anything about this, so I will assume it's news to more people than just me.

In Windows, load Freecell and start a new game. Press Ctrl-Shift-F10. Choose an option, then click on a card.

Alas, it's nothing like the racing game in Excel, but it's still pretty cool.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Umm... what's it supposed to do, because I don't get anything that I would call an easter egg.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
bah, I know, but I couldn't think of anything else to call it. Ys, it's a cheap way to win (or lose, if you really want to) :)

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Originally posted by: SWScorch

what Excel racing game??

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

Didn't work in my version of Excel 2002.

Yeah geek types have complained to alot of software companies about easter eggs 'bloating' their code bases....pretty stupid with the pricing of space and the small size most of the easter eggs actually are, I wouldn't be surprised if the average easter egg is smaller than the average splash screen.

Å

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
did a search, couldn't find anything about this, so I will assume it's news to more people than just me.

In Windows, load Freecell and start a new game. Press Ctrl-Shift-F10. Choose an option, then click on a card.

It doesnt affect your statistics though, like you cant do the win thing 50 times and the statistic page show you winning 50 games.

Josh

baoytl

Aug 14, 2000
Didn't work for me either with Excel 2000. I used IE6 instead of IE5 though.

edit:spelling

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: AMDman12GHz

It doesnt affect your statistics though, like you cant do the win thing 50 times and the statistic page show you winning 50 games.

Josh

uhh... what are you talking about, I went from 0-0 to 3-1 in 3 seconds (I did one loss to see if it worked)

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001

Josh

u have to start an actual game first then use the "easter egg"

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001

Josh
It does to affect your statistics. I perfer the old fashioned way of being 50 wins and 0 losses though - the game is much more fun when you have to think.