Eagles vs. Vikings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: BlackAdam
Yeah, if Randy has any trouble with his ankle... Eagles are taking the game without to much trouble. Though, I would really like it if the Vikings win... so they could come into St. Louis for the NFC Championship game. :p

good call. :roll:

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
Originally posted by: Modeps
Daunte, you gotta watch out for THE FREAK!!

Go Eagles.

Yes, but Vikings have THE SUPER FREAK! And Eagles ain't got nothing on The Super Freak.

Go Vikings!

Rick Jamesis dead,dude...

So, Jevon Kearse goes up to Daunte Culpepper and says, "What did the five fingers say to the face?"

"I don't know..."

"SLAP!"

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
:music: Fly, Eagles, fly, on the road to victory! :music:

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
This is basically the same team as last year minus TO plus WESTBROOK (out for injury last year) plus a better defense. I like the Iggles chances.... Falcons all the way though since my Ravens aren't in it =)

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Being from Minnesota I'd like to see the Vikings win, but the reality of the situation is that they won't. This was my thinking last week when they slaughtered Green Bay, so maybe if I keep this thinking up...

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
OK B-I-A-T-C-H. The Eagles are tired and old. The Vikings are ready to clip their wings and send 'em packing!! :p

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sundog
OK B-I-A-T-C-H. The Eagles are tired and old. The Vikings are ready to clip their wings and send 'em packing!! :p
Dream on, 'dog! Today, you're one blond that's NOT gonna' have more fun! Eagles are gonna' sink the Vikings before they can get off their ships! :laugh:

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: Sundog
Dream on, 'dog! Today, you're one blond that's NOT gonna' have more fun! Eagles are gonna' sink the Vikings before they can get off their ships! :laugh:

Heh....if the fro man has a good day and can hookup with Dante then lookout. The nest will be invaded and burned. :p

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Someone explain how the Eagles have only a "moderate" edge on defense...

Eagles: 254 regular season points allowed
Vikings: 393 regular season points allowed

Eagles: 47 sacks
Vikings: 39 sacks

Eagles: 4 pro-bowlers
Vikings: 1 Pro-bowler

Eagles: 17 interceptions
Vikings: 11 interceptions

Eagles: had 3 weeks off
Vkings: had no weeks off

Stats mean nothing during the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Kev
I can't wait for Sunday. I think the question here is, will Andy Reid rest his starters in preparation for the NFC Championship game? Hahah.

pfft.... that doesn't make any sense, even if he did they'd buckle like champs ...AGAIN.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: weirdichi
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Someone explain how the Eagles have only a "moderate" edge on defense...

Eagles: 254 regular season points allowed
Vikings: 393 regular season points allowed

Eagles: 47 sacks
Vikings: 39 sacks

Eagles: 4 pro-bowlers
Vikings: 1 Pro-bowler

Eagles: 17 interceptions
Vikings: 11 interceptions

Eagles: had 3 weeks off
Vkings: had no weeks off

Stats mean nothing during the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

...Because they play in the NFC east. They play crappy teams most of the season.

Subzero

Banned
May 5, 2003
Don't sweat it too much all you eagles fans ...there is always next year ....:laugh:

MAYBE ....:D

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
This thread needs to be made "Official". And I just hope the BEST team wins, be it the iggles or the Vikes. I really don't want to see the falcons in the superbowl, I may have to boycott it.