Eador: Genesis

Baptismbyfire

Oct 7, 2010
It's a Russian indie-game that's been out for a while, but has only recently been translated into English.

It's available on GoG right now.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_genesis

I was skeptical at first because it is supposedly made by one man, and since Russian games are known to be plagued with bugs.

However, after playing it for a few days, all I can say is WOW!
It is an amazing game for those who like Heroes of Might and Magic or King Bounty.

It is an enjoyable and yet complex game that had me glued to my chair for hours on end. It is similar to the other games in that you have a hero who travels the map with his troops and kill monsters, but it is different in many important ways, such as having troops who actually gain experience and level up with your hero.

There are a host of other features as well, such as taking over territories for specific resources (I'm not talking about taking over a simple mine or a lumber mill, but an actual province), exploring one's territory for hidden secrets, such as weapon traders and haunted dungeons, and having to make some tough decisions in many different random events that pop up from time to time and which can have some drastic consequences.

The graphics are good enough, and on my monitor 1920*1080, the images look fine, and don't look all warped out of shape.

It's not even $10, and if you like this type of game, I would highly recommend that you try it.

Oh, but let me warn you that the game is rogue-like in that the game auto-saves after every turn :D

Last edited:

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I'm mixed on it as I have the stuttering and mouse lag issue. The mouse lag issue can be addressed via some custom changes to the .cfg but it still kind of whacky. My machine is mid level (windows 7 64 bit; 6950; 2500k) and this game looks 2002 ish (not sure when the russian version was released). Not sure on which systems it performs well. People with embedded graphics (mostly intel) report black screen.

Bulldog13

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2002
I'm mixed on it as I have the stuttering and mouse lag issue. The mouse lag issue can be addressed via some custom changes to the .cfg but it still kind of whacky. My machine is mid level (windows 7 64 bit; 6950; 2500k) and this game looks 2002 ish (not sure when the russian version was released). Not sure on which systems it performs well. People with embedded graphics (mostly intel) report black screen.

Shutting down Steam fixed my mouse lag issue.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Did you have the sound stuttering issue? If so were you able to fix it ? Fyi: I have the gog version if that matters (not sure if steam is also selling the game).

Shutting down Steam fixed my mouse lag issue.

Bulldog13

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2002
Did you have the sound stuttering issue? If so were you able to fix it ? Fyi: I have the gog version if that matters (not sure if steam is also selling the game).

Yes, I had sound stuttering issues too. I also got the GoG version, but like most PC gamers Steam is always running in the background. I exitted it and then fired up my GoG version of Eador and it worked fine.