EA considering Command & Conquer PC remasters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
This actually made me install OpenRA and insert all my old CD's to play C&C, RA & Dune2K again, lacks a little polish but the games are still fun.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
If they have tiers of units that can be used throughout and not just how advanced you are in the games timeline, or tons of up-gradable tech trees, and maybe more control over unit formations - great. It just seems like the old build, swarm, and conquer no longer holds my interest for very long. Even the Total War series like Attila got boring as hell with lazy linear tech trees, crap AI, and a campaign map that didn't offer much in the end except random message spam of events.

Last edited:

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
But Generals was too little too late. By that time i already had Supreme Commander.

And SupCom is more of a "pc rts" while C&C95 is more like chess. The limits of having few resources and few units make the game more interesting and allow for more complex tactics.

That's it. I have enlightened your miserable lives with PURE TRUTH. Now go forth and preach.

Did you play company of heroes? Sounds more balanced.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Did you play company of heroes? Sounds more balanced.
Never did. I can see thats from 2006, i didnt even have a pc that year.
Sometimes you just miss great games just because of chance.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
If the new games will be anything like C&C3 or the excellent Cane's Wrath, then sign me up!

But if they are anything like the horribad C&C Red Alert 3 or C&C4, then no thanks.