E8400 w/ GA P35-DS3L will not even run at stock speed let alone overclock

kronnyq

May 5, 2008
Not sure what is going on here but no matter what adjustments I make in BIOS CPU is stuck at 2ghz with same multiplier and FSB.

I read that you had to update the bios on this board for E8400 to work properly, so I did that. Updated to version F8a which specifically says supports Wolfdale/ E8**** CPUs.

But after update nothing has changed, FSB, multiplier and such will change in BIOS, but using CPU-Z it shows it stuck at the same settings.

Ugh what is goin on!!!!!

http://i30.tinypic.com/whm7h1.jpg

kronnyq

May 5, 2008
Ok, now using Gigabyte system info Utility, it said:

Current frequency 2999.97 MHZ
CPU FSB 333.33
CPU System bus 1333.32
CPU Mulipilier x 9.00 (6-9)

So I guess I am now atleast at stock speed CPU-Z just aint pickin it up??? Whats wrong do I maybe need a chipset update I only used the one that came with Gigabyte CD.

kronnyq

May 5, 2008
Yeap it was that freakin C1e......figured somethin like that was goin on cuz I would see my clock speed jumpin from 2ghz to 3ghz. Thanks for helpin a nub ^^

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
For what it's worth, you don't really need to have them disabled now that you've confirmed that was the issue. (Unless you want to start overclocking of course, in which case it will be easier to leave them off until you get everything stable.)