E3 2017

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Wired Coverage

Most of the stuff were for consoles. The one that really caught my eye was Anthem. Also shown were Battlefront 2 and Far Cry 5.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
most of the stuff was VR.

I dont think vendors realize not many of us are willing to fork over 700 dollars for VR headset, when they wont even fork over 500 for a GPU.

Even Gabe from Steam said he wouldn't be disappointed nor surprised if VR flomped, because he also realizes the investment required for VR is immense since its still new tech.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I can't say if it is worth the money....obviously that is very personal biased, but my god, VR is....indescribable. No matter what you want to compare it to, it doesn't convey what it is. It is far beyond anything we've ever got to before.

Ignore the noise about low pixel density, SDE, godrays, jaggies, being tethered, or all that normal dillusional crap you hear regarding graphics from the graphics snobs. It isn't even remotely in the same ball field compared to being on a monitor.

While most if not all of that may be highly noticeable while just starting at the headset LOOKING for it, not doing anything immersive - It mostly doesn't even come into play on a good VR application because your mind blocks it all out as it is too busy taking everything else in.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I can't say if it is worth the money....obviously that is very personal biased, but my god, VR is....indescribable. No matter what you want to compare it to, it doesn't convey what it is. It is far beyond anything we've ever got to before.

Ignore the noise about low pixel density, SDE, godrays, jaggies, being tethered, or all that normal dillusional crap you hear regarding graphics from the graphics snobs. It isn't even remotely in the same ball field compared to being on a monitor.

While most if not all of that may be highly noticeable while just starting at the headset LOOKING for it, not doing anything immersive - It mostly doesn't even come into play on a good VR application because your mind blocks it all out as it is too busy taking everything else in.

Felt completely the opposite to me. The longer I spent with VR technology, the more the fidelity and control shortcomings came out.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Felt completely the opposite to me. The longer I spent with VR technology, the more the fidelity and control shortcomings came out.

Control shortcomings, I can agree on, but that is mostly due to lack of development in the apps themselves leaving out things.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Trouble with VR is that the games I would most want to play in VR would leave me motion sick.