E3 07: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Hands-On

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Yes, that's right. Looks like the makers are planning a release early 2008. I thought maybe an Add-on at first, but it's actually a prequel. This game is based off a new graphics engine based on DX10 with higher res textures and character models.

Im just hoping the weapons are cool, the bugs are limited, and the game does not become bloatware for the hardware.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/act...=6174855&mode=previews

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
I can't even finish the first one due to bugs. Vista/8800 is deadly for this one.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
It's not a huge loss anyway, you'd get bored of it fast in my opinion. It's just SO different from what they've been trying to do back then. It's just a corridor shooter like many others, except that the corridors this time are made out of hills, grass and delimited by fences all over the place. The missions are NOT random, they keep repeating themselves and they sometimes don't work or don't "finish" properly. The A.I is both extremes in that game, both very good and abysmal at best, it's really the best of both worlds.

To me Clear Sky seems to be decent so far, but I won't except anything from it.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
The preview doesn't really say anything that we didn't already see from the E3 video (it says less, actually) but I'm really looking forward to this one. Aside from a few bugs here and there and the game starting a little too slow, the original STALKER was perfect.