E.T. ultimate gift DVD set for only $25.49 + shipping

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I just checked the site to find out shipping and it's only 2.99 shipping. Plus if you order from their site June 19-21st you get 10% off your purchase. They consider it the 19th already so they must be something other than west coast because my cart reflected the 10% off. So the ET set would be 25.93 shipped. This seems like a very good deal. Has anyone dealt with these people before? I can't find any kind of ratings on Bizrate or resellerratings.com.

JahWren

Dec 31, 2000
Mediaplay is the same as samgoody - just go to samgoody.com and you should get the same deals. For those who have never been to a mall - SamGoody is a B&M DVD place that is massively overpriced. They are also a recent acquisition of best buy but appear to have maintained most of their autonomy - coupons and gift cards are not transferrable between the two.

SamGoody has a history of honoring misprices, which is what this is. But, I don't think they've ever had to deal with the AT effect which may kill this deal for everyone.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I bit. 25.93 shipped no tax. The 10% off was a nice touch. thanks for the post!

Nov 7, 2001
If the thing gets honored this would be a nice deal. Use discovercard coupon to get $5 off $30. Buy from samgoody website which is same as this one and the price is same. Visit discovercard.com and go to ShopCenter to get the coupon for SamGoody.com

dvdapex

Sep 13, 2001
Is this the version that has the original movie (not the one where guns were replaced by walkie talkies)?

FrugalGuy

Jan 3, 2002
yup deal is dead now. I hope they honor these sales. I had read that the CSR said it was a price error but it they will honor the sales. who knows?!?
rolleye.gif

Ejunior2

Jan 2, 2001
Ordered two and used a $5 off $30 coupon from Sam Goody. Missed out on the 10% but since the deal is dead I don't mind. Got order confirmation e-mails but so far nothing saying they've canceled them. Let's hope so since I wouldn't have gotten this DVD for the prices I've seen out there.