Dynamic Storage Accelerator feature on Z87

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
The Z87 chipset for the Haswell generation was supposed to feature what Intel calls it the Dynamic Storage Accelerator.

What its supposed to do is it intelligently adjusts SSD storage performance based on C-states and offer up to 25% boost in performance. Early leaks said that its disabled by default, but its not covered anywhere.

On Coolaer benchmark with AS SSD, DSA enabled SSD had enormous gains(2x+) in 4K Random Write performance, and significantly reduced access times, although other metrics improved as well.

Can anyone with Z87 chipset test it out? I wonder why its not covered by any reviews.

Last edited:

phrosty

Apr 15, 2012
DSA seems to just automatically adjust Windows' standard disk power settings when a SSD is under load, so if you've got it cranked for 100% perf already it might not do anything.

ATTO, at least, shows no meaningful difference for me. 4770 / 32GB DDR3-2400 / G1.Sniper 5 / OCZ Vertex 4

grimpr

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2007
Disabled by default means potential trouble on non Intel SSDs. I'll wait 6 months for boards to mature, new bioses to come out and the final bugs ironed before making judgement.

Last edited:

jarablue

May 3, 2004
I can't enable this option on my Intel RST driver in the system tray. I am running a Samsung 840Pro on a Asus Z87-A board. Whenever I go to enable it and reopen the app, it's disabled again. In the Intel RST help file for DSA, it mentions the BIOS must have DSA feature bit set. Does the Z87-A have this? I looked through my bios and can't find anything relating to it. I'd like to use this feature but am stuck with it always reverting to disabled.

Anyone know?

Edit: Found the setting now in the bios and enabled it. See what happens...

Last edited: