Dying Light: The Following – Enhanced Edition (GOG release) & Grim Dawn

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Multiplayer is available only between GOG Galaxy users.
Well that kinda sucks as it separates users from people that have it with steam but then again with no server protection like Valve uses for that game I suppose that's a good thing.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Never did play it like I had planned to at launch. I just kind of waited on it and never picked it up. You think it'll be worth a go now? Not planning to do online, just the single player stuff.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I have it.. Think I paid $10 for it months ago...but have yet to play it. It does suck that the MP portion is divided due to storefronts. That is one of the big pitfalls of multiple.

My understanding is though that the coop is what made it fun, moreso than the SP. I don't know though, I only planned on doing SP when I get around to it.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Never did play it like I had planned to at launch. I just kind of waited on it and never picked it up. You think it'll be worth a go now? Not planning to do online, just the single player stuff.

Yea, but not on gog. I got DL from the bestbuy deal for 12 bucks plus the season pass of greenman for 22. The season pass includes everything. THis is for steam where the player base is and your friends are probably on.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I bought the base game for about $18 from a third-party website and they sent me a Steam code almost instantly. I'm waiting until the DLC drops in price before I pick it up.

Dying Light is an extremely fun game and I hope they make a second game. Never tried the multiplayer though.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Yea, but not on gog. I got DL from the bestbuy deal for 12 bucks plus the season pass of greenman for 22. The season pass includes everything. THis is for steam where the player base is and your friends are probably on.

Yea these types of sites buy the codes in regions where it's cheaper through steam and resell them so I am surprised op's link wasn't that like they usually do.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Well that kinda sucks as it separates users from people that have it with steam but then again with no server protection like Valve uses for that game I suppose that's a good thing.

Is this game hosted on Steam's servers (as in dedicated), or is this P2P?
If it is P2P, couldn't the GOG version join via IP, or is that not possible?

I wonder if it is possible to write a metaserver to have cross builds talk to each other... would need to be fan made though.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
^^Probably, but it's actually cheaper to buy the base game when on sale for 15 or less and add the season pass with -20% from greenman vs GOG's crazy price.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

Ahh that's good to know. Haven't looked at pricing since launch.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
What distinguishes the 'Enhanced' Dying Light over the 'normal' one?

The GOG's description of the Enhanced edition is a bit vague: " [...] with the brand-new Legend system, improved visuals, major gameplay enhancements, and more. "

I never played the game (only saw some footage months ago on YouTube and from video reviews). If anyone buys that GOG version I'd be curious to know what actually changed, and what was "Enhanced".

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Going to have to try this game, as it appears that I own it. Don't remember buying it, but sometimes I have a few drinks and new games appear in my library. It happens.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
What distinguishes the 'Enhanced' Dying Light over the 'normal' one?

The GOG's description of the Enhanced edition is a bit vague: " [...] with the brand-new Legend system, improved visuals, major gameplay enhancements, and more. "

I never played the game (only saw some footage months ago on YouTube and from video reviews). If anyone buys that GOG version I'd be curious to know what actually changed, and what was "Enhanced".

For GOG, enhanced = DRM free. Otherwise it is a pre-packaged game, whic means it is not base game plus season pass. If any new content is released it probably won't be included is my guess.