Dying Light - new zombie game

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
This looks really good. First game I've seen in a while I was excited about.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
looks kind of cool. i wish it supported more than 4 players though. the parkour in titanfall is one of my favorite things in that game, so I could see myself running around the world of this game.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
My brother, two friends and I love any well made 4 player coop games. Dead Island was a lot of fun to play, this looks like more of the same just with expanded parkour. Looks neat, though the parkour is a bit too exaggerated, especially the whole running and jumping off of zombies thing.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Seems they've changed the direction of this a few times, eh? There is still a single player campaign right? It's almost Far Cryesque with a very open world feel, but some cut scenes and story to sort of guide you along. If it's just another Dead Island clone I don't think I can do it.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
it would be fun if someone listed all the zombie games of the last 10 years.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I'm normally pretty meh about zombies, but this looks like it could actually have an interesting story and gameplay.

I'll probably check it out.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Zombies aren't my thing. Neither is open world. But damn....that game looks beautiful and might actually have a story worth telling/playing.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Looks very scripted, not interested. I wonder if the seriousness of the music/tone in the clip is actually the same in game, it sort of sounded quite silly.

"Damnit, I'm not a hero, I'm just a parkour instructor!" :D

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I think (at least from the things I've read/watched about it) that it is similar to State of Decay...where it is kind of sandboxy, but has a central story that you can also follow to progress areas/etc. It is one of the few zombie games I am interested in at this point.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Anyone get this? Impressions? I'm hoping it is good but don't want to pull the trigger without confirmation.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Anyone get this? Impressions? I'm hoping it is good but don't want to pull the trigger without confirmation.

Made the mistake of buying it. I would avoid it for now. It runs terribly for me. Constant stutters during gameplay on the rig in my sig. I'd wait for patches and see how it turns out. Right now the game is unplayable as far as I'm concerned.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'm cautiously hoping this game is good. Almost pre-ordered it, but then I remembered that it's made by the same guys who made Dead Island, which to me was an extremely dull, plodding shell of a game. But I do hope Dying Light is much better. The new movement system looks great.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Made the mistake of buying it. I would avoid it for now. It runs terribly for me. Constant stutters during gameplay on the rig in my sig. I'd wait for patches and see how it turns out. Right now the game is unplayable as far as I'm concerned.

Huge discussion on reddit about it being terribly optimized even on top end hardware.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Huge discussion on reddit about it being terribly optimized even on top end hardware.
TotalBiscuit streamed it yesterday and said it was running above 60fps on a single 980. Later in the day he said the performance tanked to about half of what it was.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
The game has me intrigued but I'll hold off for now, Elite Dangerous is taking up every free minute I get. From the videos I have watcged it looks good, the engine reminds me of Frostbite and had good view distance too.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Heavily CPU bottlenecked via draw distance:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/dying-light-graphics-and-performance-guide

This keeps up I may go console, there is no point having a PC built for gaming worth thousands that can't game due to rubbish ports. Unity was (and is) rubbish, FC4 was barely passable, Inquisition's controls were retarded, I'll give this a shot but grrrrr.
Draw distance seems to have a very minimal impact on what you see in game anyway.

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
* 5930K @ 3.7GHz + 780 Ti GHz @ 1215MHz + 16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz *

Maxed out (well, "High" settings there is nothing Ultra here) except for draw distance at 60%, pretty screenshots:

Click twice for full 1200p. FPS average around 60FPS, dips (hitches) down to 50FPS, this isn't too bad. Looks way better in motion.