DVI to VGA - Not Displaying

DirtySouth

Oct 31, 2008
I just built my new PC last night using an MSI P55-GD65 & XFX 4890. For the time being, I'm using my old Sony Trinitron CRT that has a VGA interface. The card has dual DVI outs, so I'm using a VGA-DVI adapter that came with the card. So far, I haven't been able to get any signal whatsoever on the monitor. The monitor acts as if its not receiving a signal.

I've rebooted numerous times and tried both outputs on the card. I thought about trying the other PCIEx16 slot on the moboard. I would also like to try re-seating some of the components, including the video card. Could it be that my CRT just won't accept that signal using an adapter? Any other thoughts? On a side note, I hear at least 3 beeps when the computer is first powered on. Thanks in advance.

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Well it obviously has something to do with the beeps, gotta find out what those mean. And don't think that because you don't get anything on the screen that it's the videocard. Bad ram or cpu could cause it too. try reseating the ram and trying differant slots.