DVI Blurry, VGA Clear =(

joebangaa

Dec 24, 2009
My Samsung T260HD works perfectly fine with a VGA connection but is blurry/pixelated (something to do w/ the lines) when playing videos in full-screen with the DVI connection. Any tips or advice? My video card is a GeForce FX5600XT, resolution set at 1600x1200. I know my computer is an old POS but i'd still like for the monitor to work properly with the DVI connection.

joebangaa

Dec 24, 2009
UPDATE

I replaced the dvi cable with a hdmi cable, using a dvi/hdmi adapter to connect to the computer. i now have the ability of using 1920x1080 but everything looks terrible when i do that (colors, desktop doesn't fit on screen, etc.). BUT, the videos are no longer distorted the way they were before when using non-1920x1080 resolution. :\

joebangaa

Dec 24, 2009
yea it is my card. sorry for not researching it and creating this needless thread. the max res for the dvi output on the crappy fx 5600xt is 1600x1200. i tried my asus n81vp laptop which runs a mobility hd4650 and the samsung immediately went into native res and everything looks great! so now i have to either spend money on a new video card on a 5 year old computer or go all out and get a new desktop...^_^