Dust Guard and Fan Question.

dragonbat13

Feb 18, 2013
I have a Corsair C70 case. I am running a Corsair H100i cooling system on the 3770K in the top. So my fan count is the two HDD fans on the front, the single fan in the rear, and the two fans on the radiator. There is also a fan on the EVGA GTX760 FTW video card.

I know I am going to use the two fans on the radiator of the H100i as intake fans, so I want to put a dust guard there. I am thinking of using the HDD fans as intake points also, and that will make for two 240MM guards. The other 120mm fan on the back and the video card will be exhaust. The window will not have fans on that window location.

So I figure I need three 240mm dust guards. Two for the radiator and HDD intake fans, and one for the window.

Is this the best way to do this? What are some quality dust guards that will work well with the corsair chassis?

Also I want to use some quiet, red led lit, chassis fans inside. Can anybody recommend a good fan that can allow PWM and keep the case as quite as possible?

Thanks.

dma0991

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2011
Use Silverstone's magnetic filter and just leave it magnetically attached at the top. It won't look pretty but it will certainly filter dust and easily removable for cleaning. I do recommend getting the 140mm ones if you're using 120mm radiator fans, it will overlap any bumps from rubber grommets.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
I have a set of Demciflex filters for my HAF-X and can only recommend them, they are easily removable and effective and they can make them in just about any size and even color you like. It's VERY dusty in my area and they have kept the inside of my case quite clean.

Shipping can take a while though as they are based in South Africa and use the postal service.