During installation of a game I accidentally clicked "No" to one of the agreement boxes (HELP)

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
During the installation of Far Cry 5 I accidentally clicked "No" To one of the agreement boxes, not sure which one it was. However now no matter what I do the game won't allow or recognize cloud saves. I want to have cloud saves enabled for this game. I keep getting this message "Failed to synchronize cloud saves" and the only option is to ignore it and continue without cloud saves or exit the game launcher.

I really hope someone can help me please. I don't finish my games when I start them so I would love to have Cloud Save for when I return to it. Besides is nice with cloud save to play the game and come back on a new Computer and still have all your stuff available. Hope someone can help me.

Thank you!

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Can't you just uninstall it and re-install it? I'd assume you haven't started a game yet, or gotten very far anyway. Actually if you did you might even be able to save your saved games and restore them in the new installation (not sure how, I'm sure Google would have the answer).

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Can't you just uninstall it and re-install it? I'd assume you haven't started a game yet, or gotten very far anyway. Actually if you did you might even be able to save your saved games and restore them in the new installation (not sure how, I'm sure Google would have the answer).
I tried google. I know i accidentally clicked "No" on one of the user agreements when you first start the game. Now every time I launch the game it says Cannot Sync Files on Uplay. I am pretty sure its because of the thing I clicked "NO" on. Was hoping there was a way to override it.

I found this thread which might possibly explain the issue at the end of the post. I believe I found the file he is talking about but I don't see it in the firewall list.
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...says-failed-to-synchronize-cloud-saves-Forums

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Ohhh, you're getting the same issue upon reinstallation. Hmmm. Sound like stuff isn't being completely removed upon uninstall. I'd guess there's still some folders laying around, and perhaps registry entries. I'm afraid I don't know any more than that, about how to do a completely clean uninstall.

Maybe it would be worth it to get this Advanced Uninstaller Pro which sounds like it would do a complete uninstall of Far Cry: Uninstalling Far Cry 5

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Well did a fresh install of Windows 10. Still nothing. On Support with Ubisoft now. Thanks for the help anyway. See what happens from here. So weird because cloud saves work for Far Cry Primal.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Does the Ubisoft launcher have an option in settings to activate/deactivate cloud saves? Seems like something the launcher should control, and not the individual game...

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Does the Ubisoft launcher have an option in settings to activate/deactivate cloud saves? Seems like something the launcher should control, and not the individual game...
Uplay does in fact have that option. Support team suggested I run the game without cloud save, allow game to save then exit and enable cloud save. But that didn't work. I need to have cloud save on this game. I format my PC very often and sometimes I don't come back to games until a few months later. This is a must have for this game. I don't know what to do.
They suggested to disable Firewall but that didn't do nothing either.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Uplay does in fact have that option. Support team suggested I run the game without cloud save, allow game to save then exit and enable cloud save. But that didn't work. I need to have cloud save on this game. I format my PC very often and sometimes I don't come back to games until a few months later. This is a must have for this game. I don't know what to do.
They suggested to disable Firewall but that didn't do nothing either.

Interesting. On top of this specific problem you are having, I know that a handful of the big newer games over the last couple of years have had issues with cloud saving--I can't recall specifically. Maybe AC Odyssey was one of them, at least early on? The game(s) would often bog down or crash, save data would be lost, or would not load. Somehow, cloud saves were breaking it.

....oh, now that I recall, I think this was most often on those FF 13 ports that I played on Steam relatively recently. The Square launcher for those, within Steam, are kinda broken. ...as are the ports, really. Maybe it wasn't newer games, just crappy ports that I recently played.

Still, something about cloud saving being wonky with modern games and their launchers...

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Interesting. On top of this specific problem you are having, I know that a handful of the big newer games over the last couple of years have had issues with cloud saving--I can't recall specifically. Maybe AC Odyssey was one of them, at least early on? The game(s) would often bog down or crash, save data would be lost, or would not load. Somehow, cloud saves were breaking it.

....oh, now that I recall, I think this was most often on those FF 13 ports that I played on Steam relatively recently. The Square launcher for those, within Steam, are kinda broken. ...as are the ports, really. Maybe it wasn't newer games, just crappy ports that I recently played.

Still, something about cloud saving being wonky with modern games and their launchers...
Yeah its a shame because I love having cloud save. I format my PC often and sometimes I don't finish my games and end up coming back a few months later to them. It sucks honestly. Wonder if its because I bought Far Cry 5 on fanatic website instead of Uplay. Just seems weird.