Dungeon Siege Legends of Arranna

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I decided to get the expansion for Dungeon Siege,bargain at £4.77 inc delivery,also comes with main Dungeon Siege game as well,anyway the game installed fine on my Vista x64 however when I came to run the game I had "dungeon siege "Error, fatal exception occurred (can this object be used in this manner?), HResult=-2147467259"

I checked the compatibility tab,and the game was set to run in XP SP2 mode and as admin,so I was racking my brain over the problem(no patch update needed since expansion comes with latest patches and Vista already had the Dungeon Siege Legends of Arranna compatibility fix via Windows Update).

Anyway the simple solution is NOT to run the game "as admin" in compatibility tab of Dungeon Siege( XP SP2 compatibility mode was still selected) and that fixed my problem,anyway hope this is some help to others that might have the same problem.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Are you talking DS ... or DS II?

i just got DS II 'Deluxe edition' and its expansion, Broken World for really [really] cheap at GoGamer

... anyway, 'admin' solves a lot of issues ... thanks

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
Are you talking DS ... or DS II?

i just got DS II 'Deluxe edition' and its expansion, Broken World for really [really] cheap at GoGamer

... anyway, 'admin' solves a lot of issues ... thanks

Dungeon Siege 1,Legends of Arranna is the expansion to Dungeon Siege 1 ,it also includes Dungeon Siege 1 full game.Dungeon Siege 2 was not as good as Dungeon Siege IMHO, I can't say on the expansion Legends of Arranna just yet.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
Did you play them both already [except for the DS I/DS II expansions]?

Yes I have played DS and DS2 main games already,(when they were first released).

DS is still my favourite of the two.