dumb question: wii or xbox360?

laugh

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
I played xbox360 for a while and i like the racing games very much, and halo2 (sure).

But I am curious what wii can offer, besides the old memory of classic nitendo games? can wii offer car racing with nice scenes or it's more cartoonish style?

last question: does wii have wheel controller w/ pedal?

thanks.

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
Xbox360 if you want more traditional gaming with next gen graphics and online play. Wii if you want an entirely different way to play games and like Nintendo's games.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Both are fun, I personally like the 360 better. Gears of War, GRAW, all the great EA sports titles, etc, push it way over the edge for me.

Apr 17, 2003
i prefer 360: better graphics and better game selection (although wii will have a plethora of nice games in 07)

laugh

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
tempted for 360 now as i was reading on some websites too.

what games on 360 are good for women and good for couple to play? ;)

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
They're not directly comparable. Honestly, while extremely fun in short bursts, I found myself tiring of the Wii pretty quickly. I prefer the 360 when it comes down to it.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: schneiderguy
Excite Truck is a cartoony racing game for the wii. thats the only wii racing game I can think of right now :confused:

wii has NFS: Carbon for "realistic" racing
it has another car racing game but it looks like that cell shaded crap and looks crappy. the same with the 4x4 racing too i think.
excite truck isn't that cartoony

i'm sure there will be plenty of other racing games too.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
There such different gaming experiences that it's hard to say that one would be preferred over the other.

The 360's most direct competition is the PS3 (obviously).

Go get one, save up, and get the other. You won't regret it!

aerofan897

Dec 24, 2006
www.techerator.com
Originally posted by: laugh
tempted for 360 now as i was reading on some websites too.

what games on 360 are good for women and good for couple to play? ;)

If you're looking for games for women and couples to play, you're going to be hard pressed to find one for the 360.

The Wii has games like Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbids, both of which my family members and my girlfriend can't stop playing. These games are "pick up and play" mini game types, and provide simple fun that's easy to get into and hard to put down.

Wario Ware and Mario Party will also be a good addition to these type of games (when they are released).

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Wii. Just because the Wii + 360 is the same price as a PS3 doesn't mean that he's willing to throw away that much money buying both.

The Wii wins. I'm thinking Super Smash Bros Brawl, the next mario game, and various others. I will assume that the Wii could offer pretty good graphics for a racing game, but the most it supports is 480p if you use a HDTV. If graphics are all you care about, get the 360.

Edit: Oh and multiplayer, the 360 is awesome for multiplayer

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Shawn
I wouldn't get a Wii because it's not in HD. Xbox360 all the way.

that is the most BS reason ive heard. i would go for the wii and an xbox360 personally.

gameplay > graphics.

if you didnt have a ps2/xbox, you wouldnt get it because its not in HD?

aerofan897

Dec 24, 2006
www.techerator.com
If graphics are the only thing you're interested, then go with the 360. I have both, and find the Wii's gameplay to be so much more addicting, especially with a large group of friends.

Edit: I do have a HDTV but while playing the Wii you are too busy having fun to notice graphics. I would recommend getting the Wii Component Cables if you have a HDTV, just because of the difference in brightness. It cleans up the edges a bit too.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
The Wii will also play all the Gamecube games out there and there are a lot of good ones to be had.
In a perfect world though I say both but Im going for the Wii myself till the price, and the technology, gets better on the 360 and there are less problems with it.